Too late for the party?

Does anyone else think that Microsoft has a habbit of turning up too late for the party, by that i mean, they jumped onto motion controls just after everyone has give up on them, they still don't have day one digital releases of new retail games where everyone else does, i'm sure there are many other examples, so are they fashionably late or just out of touch?

What say you?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Well, they're relatively new to consoles... but out of touch? Perhaps they don't listen to customers' voices, but I'm sure MS listens to their money.

The two other companies have their own long list of franchise blockbuster exclusives. Microsoft is late to the party in that regard as well. So yea, I do kinda agree.

Late to the party? I'd say Nintendo is more qualified for that considering they are just releasing an HD console.

Out of touch though? Oh yeah, I couldn't agree more.

A lot of what MS has been "late" to are things I don't want/care about (motion control and digital releases of retail games), however, I'm still irritated that MS still charges for access to online play.

[quote user="WILK0"]What say you?[/quote]

I'd say fashionably late.

[quote user="noboundz"]

Well, they're relatively new to consoles... but out of touch? Perhaps they don't listen to customers' voices, but I'm sure MS listens to their money.

[/quote]They haven't been around as long as the other guys, but by no means are they new to consoles. Relatively or otherwise. You can't say someone who has been in a business for over a decade is new at it.

-

As far as the OP goes, Microsoft doesn't like taking risks. They don't like trying new things until it's been proven successful by someone else. But once they do see someone else raking in big cash on some gimmick, they want in. Unfortunately for them, the gimmick is already played out by the time they get there. So yeah, they're late to the party.

MS isn't late to the party they just out of touch with what made xbox great to begin with, even though they were new and latest console last gen they still had a huge list of exclusive games, this gen it's like... lol here is halo now leave us alone.

I think the only party they care about is revenue and sales.  They only make games that they are certain will sell and they only copy things that are a success.  So if all they care about really is profit I think they are on their game.  I wish they took more chances with software and still made games like Mechassault.  

The problem is, I can see them failing in the long run. That is unless my other prediction that consoles are on their way out next gen is true. Most of Microsofts first party games are for the XBLA and could easily be ported to mobile platforms if only they supported controllers. I believe that after the next gen starts, smart devices like tablets and phones will start having technology great enough to play current gen cutting edge games. Eventually they will probably even be able to rival next gen consoles. It wouldn't be impossible for your iOS, Android or Windows tablet to become your new console one day or perhaps even some other smart device. I just wonder if Microsoft is late for this party as well since they only have 2% of the mobile market.

[quote user="Sword StyIe"]

[quote user="noboundz"]

[/quote]They haven't been around as long as the other guys, but by no means are they new to consoles. Relatively or otherwise. You can't say someone who has been in a business for over a decade is new at it.

-

As far as the OP goes, Microsoft doesn't like taking risks. They don't like trying new things until it's been proven successful by someone else. But once they do see someone else raking in big cash on some gimmick, they want in. Unfortunately for them, the gimmick is already played out by the time they get there. So yeah, they're late to the party.

[/quote]

Relative to Sony and Nintendo? Yes.