Too late for Bad Company 2?

I'm looking for a shooter to hold me over for the summer. I've done the whole CoD thing to death. Then I recently purchased Brink and I've been regretting it every moment since. And after playing the Homefront demo last night I've begun to feel like there aren't any worthwhile shooters out there. Then it dawned on me that I've never played a Battlefield game before. Now I have a few questions about Bad Company 2 before I decide to purchase it, if anyone would kindly take the time to reply.

1. How active is the community? (Will I be able to find games easily?)
  2. What DLC will I need to go with it? (I noticed there was quite a bit on the marketplace for BC2.)
  3. How does it handle over all? (Ease of Controls, fair map balance, etc.)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The community is still strong, not too late.  Battlefield BC is a really good game, the only side of it that I do not like are the controls/movements of your character, when running it feels too confined.  Other than that, it is a really good game.  I never DLed the Vietnam DLC, but the Onslaught is fun, its a co-op thing.

[quote user="Wheelchair Hero"]

I'm looking for a shooter to hold me over for the summer. I've done the whole CoD thing to death. Then I recently purchased Brink and I've been regretting it every moment since. And after playing the Homefront demo last night I've begun to feel like there aren't any worthwhile shooters out there. Then it dawned on me that I've never played a Battlefield game before. Now I have a few questions about Bad Company 2 before I decide to purchase it, if anyone would kindly take the time to reply.

1. How active is the community? (Will I be able to find games easily?)
  2. What DLC will I need to go with it? (I noticed there was quite a bit on the marketplace for BC2.)
  3. How does it handle over all? (Ease of Controls, fair map balance, etc.)
[/quote]1. There's plenty of people still online. You'll never have trouble getting into a game.

2. If you buy the game new, you will get FREE access to the VIP Map Packs. These are all you need to play the core game.

The other DLC packs are: Onslaught, a Horde-mode style gametype, and BC2 Vietnam, a five map expansion pack with new weapons and vehicles set during the Vietnam War.

Onslaught can be downloaded for free if you get the Ultimate Edition.

3. Weapon and map balance are pretty well spot on. Learning the controls may take a bit of time coming from COD, but they are more than adequate. Also, Destruction 2.0 is no gimmick, but a core element of the game.

Remember, BC2 is team based, so if you aren't the best shot, you can still do very well by protecting objectives, repairing vehicles, healing and reviving, passing out ammo, tossing motion mines, and most importantly, spotting enemies (Back Button). Having a super high KD ratio doesn't mean squat when enemy players are taking flags right under your nose.

CNDn said it best. I bought the game used jus for the offline play. Id buy it new to get the vip pass included. Lot of people play it, id also get the first one for the offline mode. It has a good stry, n will fill u n on a few small details in the 2nd.....

That's good info. Thanks everybody.

Great game. Great community. Vietnam is amazing as well.

Hope you get it and enjoy it.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

I know I said Vietnam is great but now I highly recommend it. It is great just for the music.

Its the best FPS available at the moment, in my opinion. Not just by a bit, but by a country mile.  If you want to get as close as you can, to a real battlefield on your console, this is the only game that comes close.

I joined the BF:BC2 party quite late as I picked it up at the beginning of april.

My friends have been avid BF players since BF2:MC but I was into RSV.

In the beginning the online multiplayer is hard to get into because your weapons/capabilities are underpowered and ranking up takes a long time.

I ranked up quite fast as a medic but my KD ratio went into the gutter.

The most fun I had was playing a game of conquest with a friend of mine while we were dominating with the tank.

Helicopter battles are amazing once you learn to fly it good. Having two tanks and a helicopter battle it out with the enemy helicopters and tanks is freaking sweet.