Too easy to assassinate?

Everyone loves a good assassination but there are times when it is absolutely not in your best interest to do so.  In Reach, (dodges barrage of thrown fruit,) I felt like I had good control over whether or not I could assassinate noob or just get the quick melee kill to the back of the head and move on.  In H4 I feel like my spartan buddy is going to assassinate the poor *** whether I want to or not.  -Or more specifically, whether I hold or tap the melee button. 

---

My controller is pretty new so I don't think that's the issue.  Do you guys feel like the mechanics have been tweaked to make it harder not to assassinate or should I just blame myself for being a spaz?

EDIT:  lol at the word, "schmu*k," being censored.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I hate being assassinated buy someone using camo.  i find myself screaming, "wow buddy, did that feel good?  That must take sooo much skill to do.". But it's just part of the game so I deal with it lol.

[quote user="BLACK SABBATH"]

Everyone loves a good assassination but there are times when it is absolutely not in your best interest to do so.  In Reach, (dodges barrage of thrown fruit,) I felt like I had good control over whether or not I could assassinate noob or just get the quick melee kill to the back of the head and move on.  In H4 I feel like my spartan buddy is going to assassinate the poor *** whether I want to or not.  -Or more specifically, whether I hold or tap the melee button. 

---

My controller is pretty new so I don't think that's the issue.  Do you guys feel like the mechanics have been tweaked to make it harder not to assassinate or should I just blame myself for being a spaz?

EDIT:  lol at the word, "schmu*k," being censored.

[/quote]

It is a little harder than Reach at first because later you unlock a specialization that makes it MUCH easier. 

Much easier to not assassinate?  Cause at this point I feel like I assassinate when I don't want/try to.

I've actually noticed it's a lot harder to assassinate. I usually TRY to go for assassinations if I'm chasing an oblivious opponent, and I've noticed that more often than not, I end up getting an unintentional back smack and just standing there for a second like "Wait.. what?"

~

It's a much more prevalent problem in SWAT. SWAT seems to be very buggy and laggy (even with a good connection). 3 times in the same SWAT game last night, I was chasing someone throughout half or more of the map until they finally stopped in an area where I could catch up to them. I'd sneak up on them, hold down melee, and they'd either glitch and teleport somewhere else, or like I said earlier, die from an unintentional back smack. It made it a real pain trying to get the challenge last night (one I didn't end up achieving because of the inconsistency).

[quote user="AlmasRetroChild"]

I hate being assassinated buy someone using camo.  i find myself screaming, "wow buddy, did that feel good?  That must take sooo much skill to do.". But it's just part of the game so I deal with it lol.

[/quote]I do it all the time using camo, it does feel good. HA!

I almost always try to melee, cuz it's soo easy to take someone out mid animation.

It's only easy if you have the wetwork armor mod.

I've missed more than a few assassinations that looked like they were lined up perfectly, so I don't think it's easier than Reach was.

[quote user="Mega Munchy"]

It's only easy if you have the wetwork armor mod.

[/quote]

Exactly what I was trying to say above.  Its hard at first but once you unlock wetwork, its much easier.

343i definitely put improvements into the assassinations, adding a good bit of new kill methods. I could see why they'd make it a bit easier to do it.