Tomb Raider reviews are looking good!

I know people don't care for reviews, but I still like to read them. I have read 5 different reviews for Tomb Raider and the lowest score I have seen was an 8.5.

I'm happy that there is a fast travel system and that combat is finally going to be good. This is the first game that I have pre-ordered in about 15 years.

Anyway I IGN among others have given it a 9.1/10:  Here is their verdict:

Tomb Raider is well-written, sympathetic, exciting, beautiful and just incredibly well-made. The single-player rarely makes a mis-step, and though Lara's quick transformation into a hardened killer seems at odds with the narrative at first, the game quickly moves past it. It is a superb action game that brings a new emotional dimension to one of gaming's most enduring icons, and repositions her alongside Nathan Drake at the top of gaming's action-hero heirarchy. 

Is anyone else looking forward to this game? Who has an early copy? I can't wait until Tuesday.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I pre-orderd the CE.  I can't [Mod Removed] wait!!!

From what Ive seen it looks heavily scripted and linear, the opposite of what a Tomb Raider game should be, I hope it opens up a bit later on.

Also, they added multiplayer to it or something?

Yes, the combat is compared to Arkham Asylum Brand.

And, yes Nameloi, they did add multiplayer. I'll quote the excerpt from a recent course I completed on the game:

"Multiplayer in Tomb Raider sees the island's indigenous Scavengers pitted against the crew members from the shipwrecked Endurance - set in some of the island's hostile landscapes, players will use traversal and hunting skills from single player, plus trap setting to create fast-paced combat in a selection of versus gaming modes."

Can't wait for it . Although, i don't get why they wasted their time with MP just to lure MP gamers. Acccording to the reviews the MP is not great but that not mean you cannot get fun with it . I'm glad the solo campaign is apparently  well done . The drastic change in the series this time seems to be worth it.

I have never played any of the other Tomb Raider games but this one looks very good. I have watched quite a few videos of the storyline and gameplay.   I will at least be renting it for sure to check out the campaign.  Not interrested in the mp.  

I have a feeling it will be fun but to short to be worth buying and not worth a 2nd playthrough.

I feel like US does, but initial reviews are looking promissing. Definitely worth a solid rental if nothing more.

yea, I think by e3 it will be $20, people will beat it the week they got it and not wanna touch it again and trade it in.

I can't wait! I'm going to the midnight release.

How long is this supposed to last gameplay length wise?