To those of you who've played the Witcher 2 on PC...

I've been watching a lot of trailers and gameplay videos for the Witcher 2, and I'm interested in it to say the least, but I can't help but feel a bit worried that I won't like it since I don't enjoy very many RPGs. I tend to lose interest and get lost very easily in huge games like Oblivion: TES and Fallout 3, although I did enjoy Skyrim A LOT more than Oblivion: TES. I've also tried games like Dragon Age: Origins, Risen, Arcania: Gothic 4, etc. and have gotten little to no enjoyment out of them.

The only RPGs that come to mind that I've enjoyed are the Fable series, Mass Effect series, Alpha Protocol, Skyrim (sort of, lost interest around the 30 hour mark), and the Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning demo.

Knowing this, is it safe to say that I'll enjoy Witcher 2 or will I end up getting lost or lose interest in the story? Is the map/mini-map easy to read and understand?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

TW2 is more like Risen or Fable.  You might like it.  I didn't however.  The game is completely unbalanced.  The modding community had to mod it to do so.  On easy you can take like 20 hits.  On nomal....I had 1 hit take off 85% of my health.  There were bugs galore.....during one battle the loading screen popped up and I could hear the battle still continuing.  Then the combat system is hit or miss as it's unresponsive as all hell.  Honestly there are 2 reason why PC gamers like this game:

1)it was a PC exclusive and for a long time PC gamers threw it in the face of console gamers and now they can't go back on what they were saying.

2) the game is so cumbersome that lots of PC gamers mistake that as being deep.....like the quests in the quest log being 3 or 4 paragraphcs long.....in tiny tiny font.

I really want to buy this but can some one please go into detail about the combat. I'm not understanding the issues. I get that its unresponsive but can some explain how it works?

Hopefuly all that unbalenced gameplay will have been fixed for the 360, can't see them releasing it how it was on the PC

It's like any action RPG.  Hack n' Slash with combat rolls, blocking, and magic.  

Thanks for the info ICN3D. I'm still going to get it and play it, but if I really can't get into it then I'll trade it in for a different game.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

I pretty much had the opposite experience of ICN3D.

-

From day 1 I had no issues with bugs or any balancing issues with combat. Actually I really enjoyed the combat though I didn't like how my moves would be cancelled out if I was hit in the middle of one. That was changed in an update ages ago though.

Saying those 2 reasons are why PC gamers or any gamers liked it is more then a stretch in logic...

-

In terms of size and structure, it's much closer Mass Effect and Fable. The game isn't as linear as Mass Effect in some ways but isn't as open as Skyrim. The game is in multiple chapters and each location is in a different chapter.

I didn't like the game at all. I have it on PC, but the game is quite difficult. I died @ the beginning quite a lot. I had to save all the time so I didn't have to rewatch the forced cutsnes or talk. I got so bored from it. You can kill like 30 guards and you will not level up! It's harde to level up in this game than the most standard RPG games. So to me this is a hack/slash games with RPG elements. It's not for the die hard RPG fan if you ask me. To me this game is very boring. I eventually was able to capture the catapult to open the door to get further in game, but after that i shut the game. To me it was very boring.

You might as well TL:DR that "I keep dying so game is terrible / boring". Since when is it a bad thing when a game releases that actually HAS a challenge that makes you adapt to certain situations compared to these other RPGs?

[quote user="Static Jak"]

I pretty much had the opposite experience of ICN3D.

-

From day 1 I had no issues with bugs or any balancing issues with combat. Actually I really enjoyed the combat though I didn't like how my moves would be cancelled out if I was hit in the middle of one. That was changed in an update ages ago though.

Saying those 2 reasons are why PC gamers or any gamers liked it is more then a stretch in logic...

-

In terms of size and structure, it's much closer Mass Effect and Fable. The game isn't as linear as Mass Effect in some ways but isn't as open as Skyrim. The game is in multiple chapters and each location is in a different chapter.

[/quote]

Thanks for the feedback Jak.   I have been keeping an eye on this one and have been very tempted to buy it.  To play it safe I will rent it first for $3.50 and if its as good as everyone has been saying, then I will buy it.   Saying its a mix between Fable and Mass Effect is a good thing IMO since I enjoyed both series. 

[quote user="Bon3zz1001"]

You might as well TL:DR that "I keep dying so game is terrible / boring". Since when is it a bad thing when a game releases that actually HAS a challenge that makes you adapt to certain situations compared to these other RPGs?

[/quote]

Be careful...you're bleeding common sense out of you ear.  Thats not what anyone is saying.  Wolf and Camaro don't listen to this guy.  Even die hard fans of the series think TW2 was way too hard at the beginning....and lot of them even admit that there is an balancing issue.........WHY WOULD THEY HAVE MADE A MOD TO HELP IT IF IT DIDN'T.  I'm not saying don't try it, just be forewarned.