To prone or not to prone.. that is the question.

Well, after playing with a new move, the one people kept crying about in the past 2 games has been put back in,  I'm curious about what people think.  I myself think it will only lead to more camping.  I know many will argue that it adds to the realism, but I see it adding to more frustration and slower gameplay.  No wonder they took out the ghillie suits.  I would rather have the ghillie suit and no prone.  It's next to impossible to spot anyone laying prone in a bush.  I would have to say an honest 75% of my deaths last night were due to people laying down.  Anyone else finding this frustrating?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I play CoD as well so it doesn't really bother me and it's nothing new to me to be honest. Great for reloading and when you're getting shot at though. I've never liked the crouch/prone on the thumb stick. I'll have to see about different button layouts.

Yes. The "snakes" are pretty irritating.

I already see it as being an annoying problem.

Prone will ruin this game until MW3 comes out. After that, all the camping COD kiddos will go back to their game and we can play BF again.

The only thing I noticed about prone in the literal 5 minutes I played this morning is that one of the enemy teams physical character was lying partially in the subway car and partially on the platform.  The flash from his muzzle showed him behind one of the tipped over soda machines.  It was only after I had died that I discovered this.  But I agree with the Llama Smasher, once the KD mentality exits the building, we should be back on course for more of a play to win mentality.

if you get shot at, you better hit the dirt aswell.. it just works that way.. we need to stop thinking about BC2, and play like BF2 again.. And indeed.. if all the K/D hunters will go to their CoD DLC.. we will be fine again.. i remember back then when BC2 came out........

I haven't had much of an issue yet...it's only annoying on the first stage with the bushes. I really think they need to edit that area a bit, way too many hiding spots to go prone in.

-

I use it a lot to take cover.

I wish they never took prone out......oh "waaaa snipers waaa!"...gimme a break....yeah, so far NOT having prone did such a wonderful job of keeping their numbers down.

-

tell you what, I mostly play engineer with the 870....assault is my 2nd choice....rarely ever take recon and never play as a medic....but once in awhile taking an objective might actually happen if I could go prone while capturing....that way I'm a much lower profile target to the sniper who is watching me....on some maps, I can capture a flag just being in the same area code....other flags require the player to get so close that a pole dance is required...but that's another discussion

Oddly enough, when I was in the Army qualifying with the M16 was done from two positions. Prone supported and prone unsupported. I look forward to being one of those infamous snakes in the grass.  ;-)

something the effect of hitting the deck and taking cover...and its not camping, its ambushing