To much Info for one disk.

Yes this game is awesome. But it glitches out way to much. I'll be in battle, changing rooms, handing in quests and even turning around. Love the game, but maybe it should have been on more then one disk.

-

I have it installed on my hard drive. That has 61.5 free space. I have slowed down when playing. So maybe the loading get done. Sad part is I'm only a Lv 34. Hope it doesn't get worst as I lv. up.

-

I'll be fighting a dragon and can't do anything, but run around and try not to die. I can go into my weapons and change them. But nothing. After changing everything over and over in 3 to 5 Mins. I can start shooting again.

-

I now have X # of quests that are incomplete. Maybe I Started them to soon or maybe something else. But all I know. Is that I can't hand stuff in or retrieve stuff.

1. Visit the College of Winterhold.  It tells me to talk to whats her face. I do and shes talking about something else.
  2. Bring a Dragon Scale and a Dragon Bone to Esbern.
  3. Pieces of the Past. I ngo to Crack Tusk Keep and the guy I need to talk to in dead. I took everything from him. But he didn't hand over the thing I need.
  4. Blood on the Ice. Get assistance from Jorleif. He just looks at me with that same old dumb ___ face.. I also can't get in Hjerim.The Mom is MIA. I go into her house. The man says first my kids then my Wife. I find the marker where she should be and it's above the bed. With no one under it sleeping.

-

I have ran out of time. I have to go to work. I know there is other quests I can't do. But is it that there is to much info on the disk or am I missing something?  Would it be good if I uninstall the game. Would that help? Please can someone help. I really wish I don't have to start all over. being a lv 34. Would byte if have too.

Thank you for any help.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Have you tried using a firebolt spell on the ground next to her? After you talk to her (to get into the college) the first time, she will not repeat that little bit of dialog, at least she did not for me.

#2 the Esbern quest is repeatable - it has never gone away for me

OP, Im really sorry to hear your plight. It doesnt represent my experience in the game at all, I have come across one or two minor glitches but nothing as frustrating as you are experiencing.

Maybe going back to a previous save may help (dont know if it willk though) as something doesnt seem right.....

I have not actually experienced any major glitches whatsoever In my play-through, which is now about 70 hours in. I have come across the odd floating corpse, or flying in the air when im killed by a giant in earlier times. But nothing that has interrupted my progression through the game...so unlucky I guess.

Visiting the Mages College is a simple nothing but you do have to do the test. You will be asked to direct a spell at the emblem on the floor. The spell can vary and if you don't have it say so and she will sell it to you cheap. Take the test and she'll say you're great and just what we need and take you to the gate.    Blood on the Ice went very smoothly for me though I know it has caused problems. Jorleif has only limited things to say but the Mom can be hard to find. If the marker is above the bed, did you look upstairs? I found her at night sitting at a table upstairs. Some things in this game actually require you to listen to the spoken dialogue and follow instructions. I completely screwed up the beginning my first time because I was expecting to talk and get a dialog choice so I missed being told to jump out the hole into the inn below. I wondered around lost before I just started over.

So I put those quest aside and tried A return to your roots. I picked up 30 Crimson Nirnroots and Took them to Avrusa. Guess what happens next. That's right. I can't hand them in. She gave me some other side quest. . Find 20 Jazbay.

-

I'm going to try the stuff you all have suggested. But I did do all that for the Visit and I got, Not a Thing. Sure hope this game isn't bunk. If it keeps it up. I'm going to snap it and give it a toss. Have done it with other games. If they do come out with a patch for this kind of stuff. Will I still have to restart everything or will it help me?

It makes me wonder if they could fit all that they have in this game compressed on to one disc only taking up like 3.8 GB imagine how massive and detailed it would be if they kept compressing it up to the max which is like 7-8 GB? That's if the console hardware could handle it, possibly not considering it maybe at its peak now. It would be kind of mind boggling though.

The technology would be able to handle it.

It is an interesting thought though, I agree.

"Make games you can't Modify/Cheat. If there is no code for it. It can't be done".

All code can be modified, and if you're really asking for no code, then... well, games won't get very far, put it that way.

I have lost all the love for this game. It's a waste of time. I'm not going to snap it. But I am going to put it in it's case and toss it behind the desk. Maybe next time I clean back there I'll see it and maybe that have a Patch for ALL the crap quests. Thanks all for trying to help. But when there is to much info on a disk. Not much you can do. I'm sure you all will have fun with the game.

-

PEACE

Of course I was talking to one of my buddies and he asked me if I ate any on the Crimson Nirnroot and to have a look at really how many I have. I did eat one and I did only have 29. Out of 30. So I went back to Blackreach & tried again. I found another Plant and I could hand it in. 

-

So lets hope other Quests are as easy to fix & find out, whats going on . YES I have tried what you all are telling me. Thanks again.