to down force or not to down force?

what would be the best fix if my backend keeps slipping during acceleration? more downforce to the rear?? More or Less Force! Any suggestions would be appreciated

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

RWD right?

Downforce is only effective in keeping the rear (and front) end from slipping (left or right), when you're at speed..

If you're experiencing wheel spin coming out of a corner:

1.  Reduce/lower your rear diff accel setting

2.  Reduce the rear spring rate.  You may have to adjust the front too.

3.  As you come out of the corner, GRADUALLY apply throttle until your front wheel are straight (don't nail the gas)

Adding weight on the rear should be the last option.

What shotgunz said is true. What do you mean by "slipping" during acceleration? Accelerating from a standing stop?  Accelerating coming out of a turn? Downforce would only make a difference once you're at speed. If one is going, say, 35 MPH, there's very little downforce being generated as opposed to traveling at a speed of say 70 MPH or 125 MPH. The faster ya go, the more downforce is generated from spoilers designed to generate downforce.

My guess is your rear slipping is a result of applying too much throttle. More times than not, that's the case. Just remember the throttle isn't all or nothing. Feather it.

Something to always remember. Each tire only offers so much adhesion or coefficient of friction. Imagine a pie graph, graphing out the total amount of "grip" a tire has to offer with the entire pie being 100%. The most that tire has to offer is 100%. If I am using some of that grip for turning, accelerating or braking it takes away from any grip offered for other applications. So, I brake before entering the turn so I have all the grip I can get for turning. Once I'm half way through the turn (depending on the type of turn and so forth) I apply throttle. I don't apply full throttle as I'm already using a large chunk of the tires "grip" for turning. Trying to accelerate will demand too much grip and thus cause you to spin out.

it is a rwd but what if....?

1.) if it is not a rwd and is like the mclaren or nsx? would it be rear diff or spring rate(s)? or what would it be??

2.) but i am doing the gradually accel (racing wise: i tend to do only S class racing with all assist off) but the cars that I am referring to is the corvette c6 and countach lp5000

but in general is the spring rate or/& rear diff is what to tweak??

all of my cars have no tune ups.i am already experimenting with the upgrade tweaks so the car does not lose any performance...

i finally stepping away from the italian experience, as ferrari and lambos... just bought the skyline and won my first race at suzuka in the s class but you are sooo right with the feathering with the gas and even brakes.... but the problem for me  is from exiting the corners; i like the graph which makes it alot easier to explain and relate to.. again, the problem that i was experiencing would be from exiting the corner... what would you think about tuning???

usually i try to reduce the weight reduction and then move to racing tires when I am in upgrades.... tweaking the drivetrain and motor is the tricky part, especially getting a competitive car in the S class!

The mclaren and nsx are rwd. As said. Make both the diff accel and rear suspension way softer than the front. That will promote weight transfer.  If that doesnt work more aero. If that doesnt work wider rear tires. If that doesnt work chassis stiffening (rollcage). Tire compound, psi, and camber would help too.

Lower the rear diff accel. Sorry... On cell.

[quote user="odissea 8"]i finally stepping away from the italian experience, as ferrari and lambos... just bought the skyline and won my first race at suzuka in the s class but you are sooo right with the feathering with the gas and even brakes.... but the problem for me  is from exiting the corners; i like the graph which makes it alot easier to explain and relate to.. again, the problem that i was experiencing would be from exiting the corner... what would you think about tuning???[/quote]

I think you need to slow down and realize that tuning is not a 5 minute operation.  This is a racing simulation - not an arcade game.  You have to put in the effort to get the results.

Take some time and read through this entire thread:  http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/4859908.aspx  (yes, the entire thread)

Click on the tuning help links in the thread and in poster's signatures.  Read those tips.  Now re-read them and try to tune a car.

I am far from the best tuner and it takes me 2-3 hours to tune a car to a particular track.

Or you can simply purchase tunes from the storefront.

Good luck!

a quick fix would be to lower the diff accel setting(as mentioned) to 1% then run a bunch of laps and bring it up a bit till it starts slipping again, then back it off a bit, there is typically no one setting that feels right for everyone. for the most part any RWD I tune has a fairly low diff accel setting and since I drive with a wheel it makes it tougher to feather the throttle like you can with a controller, so the lower settings work better for me.