**** To Be Medics and Support Gun Sourcery

So I read in the latest BLOG over at BF3 that the **** class will now handle the medical duties.  Whats your thought on that one?  I liked being able to doll out ammo and actually **** without having to worry about reviving people, I mean, I am assaulting, not playing daddy.

The Support class now handles ammo, gets a nice new bipod, and some sort of blured vision ability called supressing fire. Where as they lay down the trigger in your general direction and your vision gets blured and your accuracy is reduced.  I personally could do with out this sort of sourcery.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/07/07/battleblog-2-with-a-bit-of-class.aspx

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Thanks for the information. I hope it isn't a pain on the 360 controller like holding X to mount a position. It needs to be quicker than that.

That's not exactly how it works... You have to almost look at the place where you want to mount the bipod and then right click to do it. And it doesn't un-deploy if you zoom out, only if you move.

[quote user="x sNe x JeNo"]

I love what they are doing with the support class. I remember Call of Duty World at War had mountaible bipids but the only issue was that Call of Duty is an extremely fast paced games and even though the weapons became pinpoint accurate, they still only had 30-50 round mags (instead of 100 because of Treyarch's false sense of balance) and there was 0 aim assist.

I just hope that these bipods will be mountable on any ledge or surface.

[/quote]

Bipods for LMGs work pretty simply. If you're prone and you zoom in, your character will set up the bipod. The same thing happens if your standing or crouching behind a wall, car hood, window sill, etc, and facing it. Zoom out, and your free to move around again.

You know, at first I felt weird, but it's only because it's different than what I'm used to with BC2, but think about it this way.

When you as an assault are grabbing tons of points by resurrecting your team mates, and dolling out meds, you are going to want that LMG support class to use the heck out of that suppressive fire to allow you to do this. Or even if you need to pop 40ml's. Or get into position. But seriously. its a great complement to the assault class having medic duties. If your support class is doing his/her job you both should be able to rack up some serious points, (you better believe support will get assist points for helping these situations)and it should help keep your frontline robust and moving ahead. Think tactically.

I love what they are doing with the support class. I remember Call of Duty World at War had mountaible bipids but the only issue was that Call of Duty is an extremely fast paced games and even though the weapons became pinpoint accurate, they still only had 30-50 round mags (instead of 100 because of Treyarch's false sense of balance) and there was 0 aim assist.

I just hope that these bipods will be mountable on any ledge or surface.

Ok I see what your talking about thanks.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

[quote user="LOL AT UR SKILL"]

I hope that is the case but we'll see in that beta unless you have some lmg footage you can show me.

[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zw8SmsovJc&feature=player_detailpage#t=570s

First you see him shooting without the bipods, and the bullet deviation is massive (do not care about the damage, because it's SP footage and enemies don't have the health they have in MP).

Then when he goes prone and deploys the bipods, the deviation is decreased a bit, but it still isn't too accurate.

I hope that is the case but we'll see in that beta unless you have some lmg footage you can show me.

[/quote]

Go play BF2

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

The support will be rambo they are already that in BFBC2.

[/quote]

BC2 =/= BF3

The LMGs in BF3 are extremely inaccurate if you don't use the bipods, and since you can't use the bipods when you're moving, I'd say that takes care of the rambo LMG guys pretty nicely.