To anyone who had there disc start to crack.

What did you do, call for a replacement, game rental switch, or did u have to get a new copy

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hope you can install to HDD, and never put it back in the case it came in.

[quote user="Wh1t35hadow"]

Hope you can install to HDD, and never put it back in the case it came in.

[/quote]

yeah, if the middle part of the disc is cracked and not the disc itself, you should be able to rent another copy, install the rented copy, then return it and play the game off of the cracked copy.

How large is the file for black ops(it's a very small crack on the inner most part)

Nevermind, installing now, thanks for the suggestions

If you can't install it ask a friend to give you a  good copy to install. Don't keep your games in the original cases, I think that those cases are meant to crack games. I had 2 copies of MW2 and both were cracked because of the cases. Keep your games in sleeve cases. That is the best solution.

i used a bit of duct tape to stop the crack from spreading.

[quote user="Ron Limo Driver"]

i used a bit of duct tape to stop the crack from spreading.

[/quote]I would not recommend that, you could harm your console.

Could try going into gamestop and getting a used copy if they have one. Then just return it and tell them it was cracked. Should give you your money back.

Not the most honest thing to, but come on, xbox designed those cases to break your cd, and that seems even less honest..

I just switched the case of the game with a game i hardly ever play. and now i get no more cracks. I just have the cracks from the old case

One solution is to use a dvd binder for storing your games instead of the game case.