To all these Sawed off Shotgun haters

I wonder how many of you have ADD or something?.... Pay attention and dont Bum rush through corners. It's range is horrible which means you need to be really close to you which means you didnt see him coming or you didnt look around corner and bum rushed

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Exactly what the post above this one said, it's really bad that it can gib further away than the Gnasher.

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ABrmQ0B3jM]

theres proof that she SOS is bullshit...that gun takes no skill. I honestly dont know how people can have fun with a gun that u just run up (dont aim) and shoot, if u miss run away till you reload and do it all over again.

dont hate it cause like someone said if i can get that close with a SoS whats stoppin me from doing it with the gnasher(which ive been doing to begin with), i can get the same amount of kills with the gnasher without aiming as i would the sawn off plus id still have a bigger clip then someone with a SoS which also has a much shorter range

[quote user="ahnariprellik"]

I wouldnt say I hate the SO I just hate the fact that EPIC flat out denies that there is a problem with its balancing, which there is, for one whoever had the idea to allow you to spawn with it should be fired and never allowed to work in the games industry again. The weapon itself though is fine if it were a one time pick up that you had to fight over like all the other power weapons in the game. The easiest fix is to just take it out of the starting weapon line up and make it a pick up on every map that alternates every two or three rounds. Done, fixed, guarantee no one would complain about it anymore simply because anyone who tried to pick it up then would be dead in a millisecond.

[/quote]LMAOOOO. Please tell me how a weapon that has at max 6 shots after ammo pickup, at least a 3 second reload, only effective at point blank range isnt balanced...? Ill wait. But your suggestion to balance it is to place it out on the map so that only 1 person can have it? LMAO.. 

[quote user="ahnariprellik"]

I wouldnt say I hate the SO I just hate the fact that EPIC flat out denies that there is a problem with its balancing, which there is, for one whoever had the idea to allow you to spawn with it should be fired and never allowed to work in the games industry again. The weapon itself though is fine if it were a one time pick up that you had to fight over like all the other power weapons in the game. The easiest fix is to just take it out of the starting weapon line up and make it a pick up on every map that alternates every two or three rounds. Done, fixed, guarantee no one would complain about it anymore simply because anyone who tried to pick it up then would be dead in a millisecond.

[/quote]

Oh Because there is no problem with the Sawed off your just a cry baby

[quote]very close the Gnasher works like the SO  without the need of aiming .[/quote]

[quote]i can get the same amount of kills with the gnasher without aiming as i would the sawn off[/quote]

Aiming, as in pointing the weapon at the enemy, not hard aiming. To kill with the Gnasher from the hip still requires precision and placement. You require no precision whatsoever with the Sawed Off. Your aim can be well off and you'll still get a kill.

The Gnasher actually requires a bit of skill to use. The Sawed Off does not. Whether aiming from the hip or hard aiming.

[quote]if i can get that close with a SoS whats stoppin me from doing it with the gnasher[/quote]

About three or four feet, which can make a surprising amount of difference.

if you get killed by the SOS your a noob and there are counters for the SOS and its totally relevant.

Neither of the shotguns in the game have ever worked sensibly.

I have been oneshotted by sawnoffs fired at ridiculous range and the same can be said of the gnasher. This has always been gears' problem. Epic are great at character design and look, but actual balanced gameplay has been their weak point all along.

[quote user="Strangeotron"]

Neither of the shotguns in the game have ever worked sensibly.

I have been oneshotted by sawnoffs fired at ridiculous range and the same can be said of the gnasher. This has always been gears' problem. Epic are great at character design and look, but actual balanced gameplay has been their weak point all along.

[/quote]

Why lie? I have actually done a Private match with 2 controllers and Done some Range testing myself with the Sawed off and it is aweful( NEED to be in MELEE range to kill somebody)... Though the Gnashers range is but insane... you can kill somebody mid range with it

The problem with the SOS is that it's basically a power weapon you're allowed at the start. And despite the disadvantages it has, that doesn't rule out the disadvantages of any other weapon. Like how the gnasher can't gib as far as the SOS. Which makes no sense. It should be the other way around, considering how the gnasher supposedly has range over the SOS.

And because the sawn-off is a starting weapon, there's no punishment getting killed with it. No encouragement to use it wisely, the beholder has an infinite amount of continues to keep using it. Which means, no matter how little ammo capacity it has, or how long it takes to reload, or how little range it has. As long as atleast one person keeps using it, no matter how many times they die. You're always going to come by that someone with a SOS.

Inb4ittakesskilltouse, it doesn't. If you think it's difficult to get close to people on a plethora of small maps, and then one hit kill them. Then please return your Xbox. Bottom line, the sawn-off can easily be abused. Therefore it should be a pick-up. Disagree? Imagine if the digger was a starting weapon. No big deal, you can easily dodge it. Trust me, it would get frustrating if that got abused, especially if a team of people used it. Because let's face it, cover would almost be useless. Making it harder and harder to avoid.

And incase you sawn-off fanatics are still too dumb to understand.             It     does        not         matter   what   disadvantages       the            sawn-off       has.        Every      weapon         has       them.         But              the           sawn-off          is      easy           to      overstep            its        bounds            if          you            aren't                  punished             for               dieing                with             it.