TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled Going Away?

Due to License Expiration TMNT the Xbox Live Arcade Game will go away on the Marketplace June 30th.

Wasn't this game was just release a year ago during the summer acarde?

Why release then take it away. I do know other arcade games that were on the marketplace and then was taken out, but  this seems too early.

Info: xblafans.com

Discussion Info

Last updated October 3, 2018 Views 186 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Does that mean it won't support online play after June 30th?

It also happened with Ultimate Mortal Kombat.

This is the only information I have. I will inform you if it does.

But hopefully online play will still be available after June 30th

This is one of the downsides of having downloadable games, they can take them away whenever they want. Physical disks can be played anytime you like.

[quote user="Nameloi"]

This is one of the downsides of having downloadable games, they can take them away whenever they want. Physical disks can be played anytime you like.

[/quote]

Wouldn't this be the digital equivalent to stores running out of copies of physical discs?

[quote user="DanteSparda504"]

[quote user="Nameloi"]

[/quote]

Wouldn't this be the digital equivalent to stores running out of copies of physical discs?

[/quote]

No, because you can't buy a digital version of a game via eBay (and the likes).

If you've bought it, you will still be able to re download it. This just means (if it's true) that they won't sell "new copies" but will have the game up on the server so people who have already bought it will still be able to access it if their copy on their hdd disappears. I have, and have re-downloaded titles that have been pulled for licensing in the past.

It doesn't bother me. I downloaded it when it first came out. I beat it on the first day and I haven't played it since.

is the other tmnt title fine though? the classic one ubisoft emulated? because id imagine if it was a licensing issue why would it just affect one tmnt title? anyone have any word on this?

Eh the game wasn't all that good anyway.  The original was better.

Still I agree with what Nameloi said.  This is one of the reasons I'm not a fan of digital downloads.  I like being able to play a game when I want if I own a copy.  Once they take away a digital download game, theres no going to ebay or a store to find a copy.  

i was thinking just the same thing when i first heard this news. a few game sites have been harping on that digital is the future, im sorry but i dont want a future when a game stops being distributed due to something pathetic like licensing rights, making it possible for some people to entirely miss out on some games. for example i missed getting gauntlet on xbla, i would have loved that, but its too late now. my discs take up alot of space, but atleast their MY discs.