Titanfall Xbox One connection errors - EA explains how to fix them

EA continues to investigate reports of dropped or slow connections when playing Titanfall on Xbox One, following a spate of Xbox Live sign-in errors last night. Are you among those hit? Perhaps this will help.

Apparently, "exceedingly slow internet connections may cause an error message when trying to join a server or play your game" - at worst, you may be trapped in an infinite loading loop. "Try resetting your router or modem by unplugging it from its power source for at least fifteen seconds and then plugging it back in the game," advises the publisher's help page.

EA also suggests that you exit a match before accepting an invitation to join another one. "If you're in the middle of a match and accept a friend's invitation to join their match also currently in progress, your game will crash when accepting your friend's invitation. To solve this issue, make sure before you either inviting a friend or accepting an invitation to exit to the game lobby first."

As we reported earlier this morning, some players may have trouble if they're using a Belkin router. During last month's beta, programmer Jon Shiring expressed bafflement on this front. "I have not figured out what could cause this - all we're doing is sending a UDP packet and waiting for the other end to reply to it - there's literally nothing simpler we could do," he wrote.

"The fixes for this range from bypassing your router and checking that it's at fault, opening a port on your router, or replacing it with a more reliable one." Affected players might also consider getting in touch with Belkin directly.

http://www.totalxbox.com/73129/titanfall-xbox-one-connection-errors-ea-explains-how-to-fix-them/

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Wow!.... Wow.

too bad that I tried these things and it still didn't work. The main problem is the over crowding of servers.

This TitanFAIL is bloody ridiculous why are we paying high prices for high failures PS4 here i come

I think it's a bit of both overcrowding of servers and connection. If the server is crowded then players with slower connections just can't seem to get on.

This is just Respawns way of saying its not there fault. Thats how it always goes with any game developer, they use the same excuse " our servers are up and running and the problem must lie with your connection". To that I say "is this the first FPS game we've ever made for xbox live?" Have we not run into this problem countless times over the last ten years? And still with every new release its the same story, 50-60 percent of people play with no problems but there's that other 40-50 percent left hanging high and dry with a game disc that they might as well use as a frisbee because it does no good in there console, especially now with the "online only" games, Did they not expect this to happen.

I predict when ESO comes out AND DESTINY the EXACT SAME THING IS GOING TO HAPPEN