Titanfall: What's your status?

So guys, I'm curious as to how everyone is travelling with Titanfall.

Are you still playing?

What Gen are you?

Are you having trouble progressing?

Are you looking for any tips on challenges?

Have you given up, and why?

Are you still going strong, and why?

Do you have the season pass, or will you be getting it?

Will the future DLC entice you back if you've left, or keep you in for the foreseeable future?

You certainly don't have to answer any or all of these questions, but I felt like seeing where the rest of you are at with this game. I'm Gen 7, still loving it, got the season pass and am eagerly awaiting new material. For some reason I'm nowhere near tired of this game yet, and am now a bit OCD about the challenges. 

I've found that sometimes they seem daunting at the start, or will take forever, but usually have them done well before it's time to regen. I'm not a COD or Battlefield guy, and I've seen some negativity around the challenges, that it's too hard to "prestige" (as the COD comparisons stand out the most) and that people are wanting to simply progress due to time spent playing rather than "grinding" out challenges.

I'm happy that we have the challenges personally, and I don't think I'd still be as interested without them.

Anyway, enough rambling from me, I just felt like trying to get some fun, positive discussion going about a current game, rather than one that is down the track yet to be experienced. 

Cheers.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

My status:

-

Uninstalled and traded in for bigger and better things.......  never got into it, finished both campaigns (very quickly), played some MP, I enjoyed Hardpoint. It just never could scratch that itch ....... hope everyone else who has it is enjoying it!-

3rd gen... dam that plasma rail gun... I hate it...  (need level V for 4th gen)

One thing to me anyway TF has highlighted, is people play games for very different reasons, and what very different things from them.

I still play it and its certainly my FPS of choice, I have no real interest in gens or stats, I just enough playing it, however since I plan on playing it for a while, I do the challenges I do gen up, but I do them in my own time, I am gen 8 and need about 30 more wins to gen up again, but in no hurry to rush through them.

On the 360 I almost exclusively played COD, however money allowing it, I plan on mixing up my games a lot more on the XO.

Yes.

Not really.

Occasionally.

No.

Yes; because of my friends.

Yes.

It has in the past.

I had a great game with Upinya Slayin and friends last night. ;)

Campaigns - done.

Gen 9 LV 18. (more than 1000 matches played,so far)

Just great and tons of fun.  :)

Tzar ,wow!

Me:

Gen 2,lvl 50 ,still trying to get the regen requirements .

Love the game ,absolutely love it,only get to play an hour or so on any given day/night ..I never get to just sit and veg out for hours on any games anymore..

3rd gen stuck until I get some more titan kills with plasma rail gun. I'm still playing it every chance I get too. Only thing that would  make it more fun is some more of my friends getting X1 and titanfall.  

you're prying too deep in my personal life imo lol...Im still playing level 50 gen 2 waiting on a few more shotgun kills to regen....still my most go to game of the past month...still having fun with Last Titan Standing which is all I really play.  

3 satchel kills away from Gen4, i'm still having a lot of fun with the game just not enough time to play, i did get the season pass.

i like the challenges because it does force you out of the comfort zone for the types of weapons a person normally sticks with and try new things, but i'm already starting to feel the grind going into Gen4 trying to get these stupid satchel charge kills... i've ended up throwing charges on the flag in CTF and have Deadman Trigger on and just stand in the room looking out a window, waiting for someone to take the "easy" kill when they come for the flag... i'm not proud... but it has to be done....

Are you still playing? - Barely

What Gen are you? havent regenerated - still only level 30

Are you having trouble progressing? Nope

Are you looking for any tips on challenges? Nope

Have you given up, and why? Kind of, it got boring super fast. Completed campaigns which were dismal and there just isnt enough depth to it to warrant playing

Are you still going strong, and why? Nope - answer above

Do you have the season pass, or will you be getting it? Nope and i highly doubt it unless i play it again and really enjoy it

Will the future DLC entice you back if you've left, or keep you in for the foreseeable future? Highly unlikely - they've shown us one map which is just the rest of the game rehashed.

For me I have barely any friends playing on Titanfall so its very likely this is the reason i dont play  anymore. I wanted to enjoy it, i really did, but it didnt grab me as i thought it would and the lack of depth for a £50 title is pretty shocking if you ask me. I want to play it again, maybe i'll give cloud a shout and have a few games and see how i get on.