Titanfall = the death of COD

I've been playing video games since the days of Pong, so I like to think I know what I'm talking about..lol ...When Modern Warfare came out, it blew me away. The game was fun and brilliant in it's simplicity. Maps were fun, basic perks, etc., and you had to earn your kills. Then MW2 came out and the subsequent titles. More perks, more loadouts, and maps that were overthought in design. Now, I generally play HCTDM and I like to run and gun, but now the game seems to favour weaker players who like to camp. I don't expect people to run around with their head cut off, but I don't expect people to hide in a corner and wait for you to run by. COD is pretty much a linear game, with the same 6v6 format. What has changed since MW2? The maps, and some perks. That's it. I always bought the game, because they are fun to play, to a point, but mostly for something to do. The fun-factor disappeared long ago. Fast forward to Titanfall. IMO, the game lives up to the hype. It's a non-linear game, creative, not overdone with perks, and it's a game where one has to earn their kills. In other words, the fun-factor is there. Is the game perfect? I don't know, but I haven't had anything to complain about. (Although 90 seconds between matches is too long a wait..60 seconds is fine.) I like the idea of an online-multiplayer campaign, since I generally skip the traditional campaign anyway. The game is exciting and intense, and no more do I have to worry about getting shot by someone laying prone under the stairs, or crouched on top of a desk because they're worried about their K/D ratio. As for COD, I'm sure I'm stating something the developers already know, but they have to scrap the 6V6 format..add more players, add vehicles/tanks, aircraft, etc...In the meantime, Titanfall is where it's at. Happy Gaming ;)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Pretty much dead on.  Enough of the old mixed in with enough of the new.  I get the feeling we are all playing the REAL beta now, and it's just going to get alot better from here.  It's bare bones for a reason, and that reason is that Respawn is trying an experiment and if it takes off, it's going to mean good things for the genre.  Couple this with the fact that the developers are going to start using the hardware to it's full capacity in about a year, and I have big expectations for this game franchise.  I expect others will try to copy it.  

Titanfall is a brilliant platform to make an amazing series of games. Its very exciting.

I am patiently  waiting for RE$PAWNs real exciting next gen fps. I was let down by this TF game.

Honestly I have been playing MADDEN and NHL14 on both my consoles. I was happily awaiting for Rainbow sic Vegas patriots game but that has been horribly delayed. The Tom Clancy installment looks like something I might go with.

I actually had Patriots pre-ordered and payed off at one point, lol.

Sad day when that was cancelled then restarted. If they can get it in by 2016 it will have been 8 years since the last Rainbow Six, and that wasn't as good as Vegas 1.

Its exactly what they did with Ghost Recon.  Most don't remember the early days, but Ghost Recon was the king online console shooter.  Then it got pushed back, and pushed back, and then everybody moved on to CoD with the release of the 360.  When Advanced Warefighter finally dropped it was meaningless.  The community had moved on.  

Yup.

Well look at Watchdogs. That's gone from being potential goty to being "I'll see what reviews are like". That delay killed a lot of interest in it.

I've always thought that publishers/developers announce games way, way to early.  I'd like to see someone wait until like 3-6 months from the actual release date before they say a word.  Then ramp up the marketing.  It just kills these games when they are marketed a year and half to two years before they drop and then they are done if they get delayed.  Everybody just moves on.  Watch what happens with The Division.