Titanfall Issues - 15 Minutes of total gameplay...

So... I was really looking forward to finally playing this game out today.  The concept seems great but there are a few major issues that are hurting the experience.  Anyone else experience this yet?

• I keep losing my sound.  I have restarted my console (completley unplugged) and it started to work again and then randomly cut out half way through playing one of the maps.  Just unplayable without being able to hear anything.  During this time the Xbox One communication and menu still have sound.
  • The framerate is really sucking at certain points (again performed a hard reset of my Xbox).  Just making it completely unplayable to aim accurately when needed.

I understand this is a beta but it is within a month of release.... so.... previous games where it was just a "beta" ended up releasing other all their issues (and worse) still intact.  

Thoughts?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I can't play it anymore now it just stopped working I have reinstalled it many time no change

I played it for 6+ hours today.  I dropped frame rate maybe 3 times for a few seconds, which is better than most regular multiplayer games...I had zero other issues.  Game runs smooth as butter.  It is as smooth as COD even though it is on a much bigger scale.  

Being the game is entirely online, your connection and server population are really going to determine frame rates. As far as anything else they clearly marked this open beta as a server "stress test" which means they are trying to determine max population/connections/pings before a crash or lag state occurs, to fully optimize performance at release. These tests have become increasingly stable though as developers have a really good idea of what servers can handle much more so than a few years ago. Enjoy the free sneak peak, I hope more games do this prior to launch and this seems very early for stress testing so I suspect they are at worst on schedule for a great release.

Played this yesterday and absolutely no problems at all.  Very smooth and very fast !

Really enjoyed it, was very easy to get into if you have ever played other FPS games....

It played smooth for me last night. MP only game FTW.

After playing a bit more (with no sound)... I noticed the frame rate was better.  However, I just have issues keeping the sound on.  Makes no sense... works in the menus and intros to the game, but then breaks.

I've had the frame rate dip once, but other than that, it has been smooth for me. My only real issue is with the bots being too easy. That, and I'm not a fan of the smart pistol.

wait this game is online only

Didn't see any of those in about half an hour of play.  I did get an issue with joining games mid-match and being locked in a lobby and sent to a game when I tried to exit the lobby.

I first tried the Titanfall beta on my PC about two days ago, and absolutely love it. The only problems I've encountered are that VSYNC has terrible FPS drops when turning, but with it off it has horrendous screen tearing. Today, I tried it on my Xbox One and have to say it wasn't the same experience. The controls felt behind what I wanted (not as bad as Bioshock: Infinite, but up there), which is rather disappointing because they implemented an Xbox One update just for the controls on Titanfall. I still haven't decided which system to buy this for, but will hopefully know before the end of the beta.