Titanfall free for new Xbox one owners. Where is the love for day one console owners?

So the new Titanfall Xbox One bundle will include a digital download of the game for free.  This seems like a slap in the face to those of us who bought the console on day one.  The first Triple A title for the new console is free for those who buy the console now.  I realize its a marketing campaign to sell more consoles but does absolutely nothing for loyal Xbox One owners who preordered the console and got it day one.  I would rather have a game than a controller that says   day one edition.  Very disappointing.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It's used to entice people who may be on the fence about getting an Xbox One. Or maybe convince people who had no plans of getting one to go ahead and purchase it. It's not a reward for being a loyal customer. It's not a giveaway. It's a promotion. Yeah I would have liked a free game at launch with my console. But I'm not waiting for that to happen to get my Xbox and start enjoying the other games I want to play now. I wouldn't trade all the time I've had with Dead Rising, Forza, Ryse, Powerstar Golf or Killer Instinct, for $60.

"Slap in the face" lol, get over it. No one forced you to buy a Day One Xbox. The amount of threads this has spawned is ridiculous. It's like a bunch of self entitled babies. Like the guy above said, TitanFall is bundled with new X1's for a limited time to help increase the sales.

Obvious sales pitch to sell more consoles. A lot of gamers might actually bite at this offer. Myself included.

as someone post in another forum

1) Life Cycle: Most other consumer goods are on a 12 month or less product cycle so price cuts 5 months after launch are expected, with console life cycles pegged at at least 5 years this is very unusual this soon.

2) Expectations: Standard practice in the console industry is to wait at least one annual cycle before a price cut in scenarios where it happens sooner compensation is usually provided. Nintendo did it with the N64 (games + controller) and the 3DS (games), MS did it with the OG Xbox (games + controller). Not doing it now is burning your most loyal fans.

We pre-ordered these consoles in June 2013 not really knowing what to expect, but trusting in Microsoft and generally never being unsatisfied with any xbox product in the past  we handed over our cash. As Wowserra mentioned above. This is an absolute insult to loyal fan base that as soon as 3 months have passed, the console price has not only been greatly reduced (£60 in gamestop uk.) BUT they are also giving away a free copy of one of the most anticipated games of next gen!  We got a measely copy of fifa14. a game that had already been released a month previously on 360. I'm sorry but Microsoft have clearly set their asking price too high in the beginning and realising that sales are not going as well as expected have decided that some prompt action needs to be taken. This is understandable, but please please, you have got to think about how your loyal day one fan base feel right now. I for one still use my Xbox 360 more that the xb1 because I feel it is more useful to me. Xb1 just feels like a useless expensive dust gatherer. And a free digital copy of titanfall for Day one buyers would help ease my pain. Just saying!

OP wasn't talking about the price cut in the UK he was talking about Titanfall being available as part of the bundle. But since you guys bring it up I think this kind of action is needed since Xbox ONE sales seem to be dropping off considerably compared to PS4 and Steam. That's why they have had to do this I imagine?

Yeah, I say they give TF to everyone whom has an Xbone, for free!

If they did that Uneasy, how would Respawn make any money? Just be glad that a lot of you guys got to enjoy 3-4 months with your console before anyone else - that's what you guys paid for.

^^Sarcasm went right over your head, again, LOL. I think of GG Allen every time I see your sig. Google him, he was a scumbag. (I dont think your a scumbag :P)

Im so mad im gonna start asnother thread about it, then there will be three back to back, that should get their attention, whoever they are coming to this forum to get a feel for the players mood