Titanfall digital version freezing.

I got the titanfall bundle and downloaded the game. The first time it froze at a black screen as soon as you launched the game. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game . It seemed to work but it froze every one in a while. Then after a week or so it froze constantly. All other games worked fine. I opened all ports and I have a open Nat.I uninstalled several times . I reset system by holding the front button down for 10 seconds. None of these things worked. Then I finally borrowed my friends disc version and uninstalled my version and then installed the disc version. Now after that the digital version works fine no problems at all. I just want to know if it's my xbox or it was the digital copy I had downloaded. Thoughts would be nice.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I've had the same exact problems for the last month.  I've had a 3rd or 4th level ticket open with XBSupport for as long, tested and troubleshot EVERYTHING possible including reinstalls, resets, network settings and more.  I'm 100% certain that the digital copy is the issue, but no one at XBSupport will believe me.  They've given up and just sent me to the forums.  

I don't have a disc copy to test against (despite a month of problems and begging).

Just go to game stop and buy the used version and then return it within 7 days and get your money back.

Also have they offered to send u a new xbox one? They offered me .

bump

So, here's the deal...  You need to actually select the titanfall app tile or open window from your dashboard and hit the 3 bar button, this will bring up a drop down menu, at the bottom of that menu it gives you the option to quit.  If you don't quit the app when you are done playing, then you will deal with freezing issues.  My game froze all the time, but as soon as I started quitting the app, the freezing stopped happening.

Well we had to quit the app when it froze. That's the only way to get out of it.  Thanks for thoughts though. I don't think xbox or ea have figured this out yet.

I am having the same problem, some times I can get past the EA screen and get stuck on signing in. Other times I get to the opening cut scene and then freeze once it finishes. It's very upsetting to me because I stupidly bought this console recently for titan fall when i could have held off and I cannot even play the game. First day owning this console and it has been an absolutely miserable experience. Xbox 360 red ring last generation and now this. I should stop playing games.

Bump

having the same problem. As soon as I select it goes black no game. If anyone has solved how to fix please let me know. The Red Ring of Death has risen LOL.

You need to install the disc version to make the digital version work