Tired of CoD, looking for different games.

I've been playing CoD for sometime and I am looking for new games to play. I'm looking for a game that has awesome single player that isn't a shooter and is fun to play. So far I've been looking into Skyrim, does anyone else have other suggestions? Thanks for answers. :)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You can't go wrong with Skyrim. Dragons Dogma is brilliant. I have recently finished up Sleeping Dogs and that was a lot of fun too.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

DmC, Kingdoms of Amalur and Dragon Age 1 and 2.

Catherine

Silent Hill" Downpour

Rayman origins

Lost odyssey

Tales of Vesperia

The Witcher 2

Mark of the ninja

The Walking Dead

Castlevania: Symphony of the night

Hitman series(Collection and/or Absolution)

Metal Gear Solid Collection

Prince of Persia

Condemned

The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena(It is an FPS, but varied that focus more on stealth. )

Just Cause 2(it is technically a shooter, but it's more about being a wide-open sandbox with tons of destruction.)

Limbo

Burnout Paradise

Trials Evolution

Batman: Arkham Asylum/City

Dark Souls

Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie

Shadow Complex

Super Meat Boy

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

Darksiders/II

Splosian Man!

Portal/2

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

Alan Wake(it is a Third-person shooter, but i'll going to make an execption here if you really want a good single-player game)

The Maw

Mirror's Edge

Dead rising series

Bayonetta

Viva Pinata/ Trouble in Paradise

The Skate series

Tomb Raider series(this gen)

Red Dead Redemption(also a third person shooter, but the sandbox environment and and themes help set it apart)

Rez HD and Geometry Wars(both are "shooters" but not in the typical sense. Not much to the single-players per say but it doesn;t hurt to suggest them if you really want something different--especially rez HD.)

Excellent mentions above...i would suggest Mass Effect,Fallout 3/New Vegas and Saints Row although they have guns they are far from your typical shooter games..these to be honest should not even be classified as shooters.there is a lot of diversity to these games.

I would say  Fallout is more of RPg than a shooter so that is a good choice. Idk about Mass Effect(after the first game, it feels less like an RPG) but Saints Row is really fun if you don't mind it being more of a shooter than a few that was mentioned above. Dust: An Elysian Tale is another i would recommend. Minecraft is also great if you don't mind there being objectives other than what you make it of it.

Dragons Dogma or Dark Souls would be my top two.

Skyrim for sure, you get your moneys worth its a long game so much to see and do, highly recommended.

"The Fist Of The North Star: Ken's Rage 2"

Out this week.

You may as well close this thread down now.

I just won it.

(I'm kidding)

(About 'winning' the thread)

(I'm not kidding about "The Fist Of The North Star: Ken's Rage 2")

(Even if you haven't seen the Manga it's based on... it's amazing).

Az

Being a Silver member does restrict you to offline which makes games lifespan short.

-

I tried MW3 but went back to MW2, it's just more fun to play.

Oblivion GOTY is the game before skyrim, but $20 instead of $40, plus you get the DLC disk which has a VERY LARGE expansion pack with it, you can put 100+ hours in oblivion without knowing it.

-

Fallout 3 GOTY edition is like skyrim with guns in a futuristic but devasted  washington DC. it's awesome and you can again put 100+ hours in the game.

-

Fallout new vegas ultimate is more like skyrim and has a lot more quest the ultimate edition of fallout new vegas is about $40, or the same price as skyrim. since it's the ultimate edition with all the dlc it will probably last longer than skyrim.

-

I'd go in that order because of pricing, by the time youa re done with oblivion and fallout 3 GOTY new vegas and skyrim will drop in price, they are all amazing games and all were game of the year winners.

-

Other games to look into,

-

kingdom of amalur, which is like fable, but much bigger and better if you ever played fable and liked it a bit get this game.

-

Battlefield 3, online is it good single player sucks though, it's like the opposite of cod, it's much larger with vehicles.

-

Mass effect trilogy ( if on sale) the series 3 games will add up to about 75 hours sadly the trilogy doesn't come with the DLC for the games. so I would wait for it to go on sale, but still $60 for the 3 games isn't terrible.