Tips on New Londo Ruins?

I finally defeated that Bell Gargoyle (and his stupid freind) by turning Human and summoning that dude just outside the doorway! Seriously, if it wasn't for him, I'd still be stuck! Anyway, I'm heading on over to NLR, but I heard there's a tonne of Curses here, and you need a LOT of Purging Stones, but they cost like 3000 souls each. True or not?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Don't do it! you will die! the ruins are even hard for people who are a lot further then you...like me

being cursed is a good thing in the ruins, means you can hit the ghosts. when you head there look for zombies hiding in jars... they drop an item that curses you. (dont worry its temp)

Where can I go then? There's the Ruins with the Ghosts and yes they are quite hard. I tryed it earlier. There's Blighttown(?) but I don't know how to get there, but I've heard it's HARD. I'm only like level 14 too. Anywhere else I can go? I uncovered the Blacksmith near the Church in the Undead Parish, but there's a room next to him with a BIG boss in there, and it's kind of like a garden...

Should I head there?

Hey Primus for the guy next to the darkroot garden, just stock up on firebombs.  There's a good range where he won't shoot lightning and his melee cant hurt you.  That area you can sit there and huck bombs at him till he dies.  He's not too bad

No no nooo your gonna get yoruself SO killed if you go to Darkroot Garden right now! Your next course of action is to head to the lower Undead Burg, which you can access with the basement Key you got at the Gargoyle fight. The door to get there is located at the foot of the Bridge where the Red Dragon was. You open up the door across from the one you exit, and head down a ladder into the Lower Undead Burg. Check out that area, there is good items, and an NPC, but level up before you try to take on the capra Demon.

You should also grind for some souls, you need to spend a lot of extra time in places you've already beaten for soul farming

If you go to the ruins i hope, you know how to run and dodge and have on lith armor bro, because if you dont, your as good as dead friend. Those ghost is SRS BSNS. out in the open, they are not bad to deal with, but its when your inside the building and your in close quaters and they start ganging up on you coming from every direction, going through the walls. DO NOT try to fight them, RUN FOOL!!!! You may die a few times as you wont know ehre to go to get through the building and may run into some dead ends or get ganged up. But you go there with NO SOULS and NO HUMANITY, because your just going to lose them. So spend them on something even if its something you dont need, buy it anyway. lol

This is how I deal with the ghost, you can use this too to defeat a whole group of them at once, making your day a HELL of a lot better when down there. What you need to do is run past them, a lot of them, trying to dodge their attacks, and trying to heal your self if you get hit too many times while you run, they move pretty slow, so you can out run them, heal up, and then keep running. The points is the run into a bunch of them and then make all of them follow you to a open area, and then throw about two fire bimbs at them, to kill the whole group, when they are following you, they will be floating inside each other. so when you lock on to one of them in that group and you use the curse item to get cursed and then use a fire bomb, it will hit all of them, just use two of them, and DEAD GHOST!!! DO NOT engage ANY ghost in group of two or more INSIDE the buldings. lure them outside and let them follow you and hit them with bombs.

You need to keep doing it until you get it down to a science, but once you get it, the ruins is cake.

Dre do you have to be cursed to use the fire bombs?

yes you do, you cant damage the ghost at all unless you are cursed or have a cursed weapon.

spells, items, melee, NONE of it works without being cursed. if you have a cursed weapon then, that will do damage, nothing else if your not cursed yourself.

But become cursed and bombard them with firebombs from a far, and get them int groups. If you can get black firebombs, thats even better. I always go to the undead burg and get 99 firebombs for about 5-6k from that merchant there. And they are SOOOO worth it. I would like to know if I can buy black bombs though.

Those bombs are SOOOO freaking useful in SOO many situations I can't begin to count. That item single handedly save my butt in so many situations. I'd advise EVERYONE to get as many bombs as you can carry. if I could, id drop 20k on nothing but bombs but you can only hold 99 at a time.

Ok, update! Just defeated the Capra Demon, now where to go? Got the key to the Depths, unlocked the door there. But that merchant sells moss.. Should I go into the Depths? I'm level 20. If so, it's probably wise to have a lot of that moss??