Here are some tips on how to get better at this game and a recipe for winning:
1. Know the map and the spawn points - Just like any other shooters map and spawn knowledge is one of a key to success. People think that the spans are random but in reality it isn't. It's doesn't matter what game mode you play. Also, learn the "christmas noob" spots those are spots where most players use.
2. Know your limitation or your team limitations - when you or your team goes into the room take the time to see if players are in a party and check stats i.e w/l to k/d to points/per/min ration it will give you a sense on their skill level. As you all may know "stats don't mean anything" but if a team of six or four have w/l over 5,10,20 that usually mean that they as a team is good........if stats don't bother you play them in a game but is loose let's say tdm and your team looses by 30kills there will be no "we will get you next map" know your limit and look for a new room that is the same level as you or your team and enjoy. There is no joy in losing
3. Play with a team - There are a lot of people looking to play with players with the same skill level as they are. When you see a player that is good try sending them a FR most of the game modes in here rely on team work. Playing with a team that communicates goes a long way
4. Use your perks and equipment accordingly to the type of match you are playing - don't be that person that uses Flak Jacket and LMG and be the Flag runner on CTF lol
5. Choose your Party Host wisely - choose a person with the strongest connection to host your party. I'm sure most of you guys are sick of playing a match and when you are about to win then the host dashboards not only you got cheated out of your kills it also gave you a LOST. Tip on how to pull host: make sure you have a good upload and good ping. When you launch the game make sure you and your team are the only people in the lobby 95% of the time you will pull host.
6. Check you sensitivity - who knows maybe the default setting is to fast or to slow form your game style......
7. Be aware - be aware on what is going on around you....i.e where gunshots are fired, who is dying, how enemies are dead and where your teammates are in the map etc...
8. Accept what you have in front of you: If get in the room and there is lag stop complain and just play it or just leave. Complaining about lag will just mess up your game play and also annoy your teammates. I know lag sucks but nothing you can do if your in a middle of the game accept leave and find a diff. room. Good players adjust to what they have.
9. Accept that there is/are always someone or some team better than you or your team
Again, these are just my opinion yours may vary. If anyone has any comment or something to add feel free.
**I no longer play GB but I still do MLG variant scrims, Team Comp, or HCTDM...if anyof you guys are interested or just looking for someone to fill a spot pm me w/ the game mode you wanna play. As far as creditability on my advise above Im a player that likes to win...I don't care about k/d my goal is my team to win and having fun.