Tips on bringing down the Taurus Demon

If you were fortunate enough to pick the Thief class, or choose Master Key as your gift, you'll find a treasure called "Gold Pine Resin" in a locked room just before the steps leading up to the boss.  There are only three applications, so make them count.  It adds lightning attack to your sword, and gave me at least 5x the hit points on each swing.  That tough boss had killed me at least 20 times before I thought to try it.  And remember to clear off the tower just above the fog door...this is where you want to lead Taurus to fight him...lots of room to maneuver and dodge.  Apply the resin, then get in close to his crotch and swing away.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 21 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

easiest way to beat him is to climb the ladder and jump down on top of him and hit attack, aka the falling attack, from the 2 or 3 people ive seen do it, this move took like 1/4 of his health maybe more, just climb up ladder, and repeat, can be a bit tricky getting back up the ladder, and i suppose its just the easiest way to do it.

I"m a Pyromancer so I just fire ball the **** outta him.  But thanks for the info about the Gold Pine Resin", I have the master key so I will go back and get it.

Yeah, I killed him on my 4th try with the ladder assault technique. My build is pretty mushy right now (don't get any ideas to try to invade lol) so it took me around 5 lunges, but I only got hit once and only ALMOST died.

I can never do the falling attack right.  Can someone tell me how again?  I think I skipped too fast through that tip on the ground.  LoL

You walk straight off the edge, and while your falling, you press the light attack button before you come in contact with the monster. And you should stab him right in the face.

Also, Black fire bombs work great against him too.

Before you do the dropping attack, charge your weapon with lighting, this takes away more than half of his life, I'd say, probably 70% of it.

I was SOOO close to beating this dude on my second try, but I was under him, in between his legs and the camrea was jumpying around like crazy, I didn't know what was going on, but all I know is he couldnt hit me, so right before I hit him with the finishing blow guess what happens....................SOMEHOW..........My character glitched on the outside of the bridge...........and I fall to my death.............................*sigh*.......................SMFH......................Im going to bed. Im done for the night.

That aint even the challenge that was intended for the game.

best way to do this is right before the taurus demon appears.  equip your weapon so it's 2 handed.   and apply that lightning resin.  boss comes out.  run back to tower and climb up where the archers where.  fall down and do the air attack.  this will take almost 50% of his life away.  try to make it back up the ladder again and repeat.   2 swings and he should go down

I applied the resin and just waited for him at the top of the tower. Duel to the death and I win. The lightning kind of made it too easy, though, it feels.

oh just wait tenjin getting to the 2nd bondfire after the taurus demon is a pain in the butt.   took me about 40  tries. if it wasn't the rat poison, numerous enemies, or the knights right before the bonfire.

is there a bon fire anywhere close to this boss?  I only have 1 or none of those health potions left by the time I can get to him.  I'll try the ladder thing, but half the time I can't even get that far without dying.  Is any class easier?  I'm wishing that I didn't pick wanderer with a master key.

The only close ladder to him is the one near the merchant. I've left people a tip right at the fog entrance to his weakness just so people don't rush in with no way to prep for it and then see what they need. The tips INSIDE the boss area are beyond stupid. There's no way to go back other than die or use your bones to retract, but then that brings back all the enemies. Tips right outside of fog are the best so it gives the player a chance to get a bit ready if they wish. I found one RIGHT where the demon gets triggered to spawn telling players that it was weak to lightning. Terrible placement.