Tip for novice alchemists

I didn't think that wearing alchemy boosting armor affected prices, just thought that it affected potency of potions. But to test it, I whipped up a new armor set, and it makes a HUGE difference. This is just so anyone who isn't currently using alchemy boosting items will know to get them.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Why is your Sig your speedtest?..... its a pretty avarage speed? i cant belive thats faster than 69% of the US my speed is 37.41mb/s, and i dont feel that special. and being upgraded to upto 100mb/s, and honestly its not even an expensive line, do american speeds suck that much?

that aside, i do have an alchemy question.... whats the fastest way to inctrease your alchemy skill points? can you only do it by making potions because it seems very slow.

[quote user="Stubz86"]

Why is your Sig your speedtest?..... its a pretty avarage speed? i cant belive thats faster than 69% of the US my speed is 37.41mb/s, and i dont feel that special. and being upgraded to upto 100mb/s, and honestly its not even an expensive line, do american speeds suck that much?

that aside, i do have an alchemy question.... whats the fastest way to inctrease your alchemy skill points? can you only do it by making potions because it seems very slow.

[/quote]

Eh, it's not an average speed really. If you played a lot of multiplayer games, you'd understand why. Almost every game I get in, a few people have a 2 bar connection. And those are just people on live. Lots of people here cheap out on things. And your speed may be "higher" but I highly doubt it's as consistent as mine. That is what I ALWAYS get. Never a time where it drops below there. So it's great being able to torrent a 10gb file in about 2 hours.

Fastest way to level alchemy is go to the alchemist shop in whiterun, buy ALL ingredients, look up which ingredients make expensive potions online, make said potions, sell back, wait 48 hours (use the xbox guide glitch to hurry up the wait). You do the glitch by immediately pressing the xbox guide button after hitting A on wait, then just leave it up til you stop hearing the clicking. Then once you got a new set of ingredients you can just make the potions that make you the most money. Alchemy levels are gained on a formula of cost per ingredient to cost per potion created. So you could use a $75 ingredient with a $50 ingredient for a $200 potion, but you would level up way faster using a $1 ingredient and another $1 ingredient creating a $50 potion. One isn't even double, while the other is x25. And you make a nice little profit as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO0Q_VKzdZghttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO0Q_VKzdZg 

He has a few potions in the description, but if you watch it he makes quite a few more with different ingredients as well. So, I'd start out with the description, then after a few times of that and having extra ingredients, look for some you may have available that he also uses. There's also a nifty alchemy program you can download, for the life of me I can't remember where I found it, but it will tell you the effects of the ingredient, and all other ingredients with same effects. Like say you have lavender, it will tell you everything you can make a successful potion with. It doesn't say prices, but hey. We gotta do SOME work, right? :P GL

and hardwierd to the socket, my speed never drops below 30mb,. its fiber optic, gettin upgraded soon, wasnt trying to have a competion with you, just wonderd about the sig

-

thaks for the alchemy tips man, leveling alchemy is by far the slowest skill so thanks for the multiplier info

It wasn't a competition it was just the Euro/American war that always ensues regardless of what either side's talking about. Re-read what you said and maybe you'll see why. I don't mean to be rude saying this either.

And np just sharing what I found out.

no problem man, i was actully dissing america either, i just have no idea what net speeds are like there, i assumed youd be at the cutting edge to be honest lol

Haha. Good joke. Not when more than half of the people here just steal internet from others in an apartment complex. Here, I believe I pay $65 for cable and internet. I think internet is like $20 of that. I get HD and almost all the channels as well. There is a super internet package for I think $60 on its own where you can get somewhere around 60-70 mbps, but that's just not worth it. The best I get torrenting is like 2mbps, and that's the fastest I've ever seen. So to be honest, I don't even need more than like 5 or so haha.

Sorry I came back cross then, misunderstanding. But I actually put this in my sig because I saw people who had like 5mbps sigs and was like really? Haha put yours up to show all of the Americans up :P

"Eh, it's not an average speed really. If you played a lot of multiplayer games, you'd understand why. Almost every game I get in, a few people have a 2 bar connection. And those are just people on live."

Location and location of Host > Any given speed.

I could have a speed twice yours and be playing on American or European Host (hugely long distance) and I'd be on the two bars. Also, for an American to be on two bars in any game on American Host doesn't mean they're cheaping out on anything, but that there's something very wrong. Anything other than an absolutely appalling connection can handle playing games. Network usage is probably causing their problems in that case..

i get 30mbs online all day, but for some reason my torrent speed dies during daytime drasticly, but at night i can get up to 3.2 is trhe highest ive had, you wouldnt belive the cost of anything in the uk, everything seems expensive compared to america here from the mundane to the extravegent things in life

[quote user="Stubz86"]

leveling alchemy is by far the slowest skill so thanks for the multiplier info

[/quote]

Slowest? I can't even wrap my head around that because for me it's going up by leaps and bounds. Just gather all the ingredients you find in your travels, in the environment and in containers, and make tons of potions. To really amp up the levels fast travel to several towns, buy out their really cheap stock of ingredients and then make a mountain of potions. With the money you make selling the potions(it will take several days since vendors never have much gold) you can keep this cycle going indefinitely.

@chainsmokingbob

im pretty sure that will only occur on games without dedicated servers fot e.g i dont know.........COD, a dedicated server shouldnt hurt your speed that much, just COD are cheep and expected you to do thier work for them i maybe be wrong, but hey they did just charge £40 for a MW2 map pack, sorry i mean MW3