Times have changed in Battlefield Bad Company 2

I seem to be killed by people crouched in corners or in the very top levels of some buildings. I'm ashamed to say that at times I have to resort to this tactic when I'm in a lobby with players that do this. I play conquest mode and it is irritating when you move around capping flags with some players who don't care about the objective and are stationary most of the game.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It seems that when a game has been around a long time and is still actively played, the tools who live to camp come out of the woodwork.  They know every nook and cranny of a game and infest team games like Battlefield, never capping a flag or helping a team.  It's happens in every popular and long lasting FPS.  The only solution is to play the next new FPS, so that these idiots have to relearn all new maps.

[quote user="LOL AT UR SKILL"]

I seem to be killed by people crouched in corners or in the very top levels of some buildings. I'm ashamed to say that at times I have to resort to this tactic when I'm in a lobby with players that do this. I play conquest mode and it is irritating when you move around capping flags with some players who don't care about the objective and are stationary most of the game.

[/quote]

I lol at your lack of tactics. there is nothing wrong with sitting on the second floor of a building as long as you are providing covering fire and this may be a shock maybe it give a better LOS or firing position. Camping can also hold down certain areas of the map or serve as a spawn point.

In conquest it's a valid tactic. Yesterday, I sat in one place for most of a game. It was Harvest Day and I was on the Russian team, so I took a buggy and rode straight to A (farthest  from my spawn). I took A and held it with my squad for the whole match just by sitting in corners with my M14 and killing anyone who wandered into the area. When they stopped trying at A, I stayed in the same place and picked off enemies running to B. We won with ease.

Now if you camp in the back in rush, I'll get angry and demolish the building you're in or pelt endless smoke grenades to block your view.

I don't have the patients to do that I have more fun moving around the map with my squad/team. I don't stay at one flag but what I started doing is capturing the flags closet to my spawn base and leaving the one flag near the enemy team spawn open.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

Sometimes my thumbs/wrists get tired (Probably from excessive masturbation) & I do a bit of camping, but it's very very rare. Camping an objective for an entire round must be nice, no way I could do it.

[quote user="LOL AT UR SKILL"]

I don't have the patients to do that I have more fun moving around the map with my squad/team. I don't stay at one flag but what I started doing is capturing the flags closet to my spawn base and leaving the one flag near the enemy team spawn open.

[/quote]

My strategy is completely opposite; I like to take the flag closest to the enemy spawn. Then once I have it, I try and hold it as long as I can. By doing this, on some maps, I can cut off enemy reinforcements trying to take the other flags. Or if nothing else, I will at least slow down the other team, giving my team more time to take other flags.

In battlefield,i believe there is nothing wrong with camping although i very rarely do it myself as i like to attack positions,it is part of holding down and defending an objective,it is good to have a few campers in your team to defend while you attack other objectives,i think in this game it is a key factor in winning,if everyone on your team is just running round you lose positions all the time and have to retake them.that is what makes this a more tactical game imo.

yeah noticed that too. camper central lately. glad walls blow out as most of the girlscouts stay in one spot.

I think of all the FPS out there this one has relevant reasons for hunkering down and observing.  The maps tend to get large so running around in the open is not the best of tactics.  Also the campers are the ones spotting the enemies which is a very underrated HUGE advantage especially when there is pesky snipers around.  I was leveling my sniper rifles in vietnam to get the achievements and would spot constantly (I find they are easier to shot when spotted) and it only took moments for numerous teammates to shoot in that direction.  The devs has done an amazing job giving every possible option a means for rewarding the team rather than the 'one man team' approach of most shooters.   Everything helps in some way unless the person is AFK.  They are helping out in some way.

Know campers hiding spots... Top of stairs (especially in the houses by objective bravo on white pass cq). There are hundreds more. Know the maps. Know how wimps play them, and you will never be a cheap kill again.