Time For Change?

So with the former CEO of Microsoft, and the man credited as being the originator of the Xbox, and leading publishers and developers, a lot of core gamers and just about everyone involved with gaming (apart from casual gamers, fanbois/girls and Microsoft) saying Microsoft have gone down the wrong road with regards to it's recent focus on anything other than games, is it time for Microsoft to listen to people before it's too late...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Absolutely. If their main focus isn't games, then I see failure ahead.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!
[quote user="brandiesel1"]

Absolutely. If their main focus isn't games, then I see failure ahead.

[/quote]They have already stated that the main focus is now apps/Video content...

I wouldn't worry the gaming market in its current form the future is without doubt on demand downloadable games, why go to a shop and buy or even buy on line and wait, the whole industry is now cutting out the middle man and supplying games by download why? Control, less payout to third parties but, more importantly purchase profile, as a developer how much would you pay for your end users details and gamer habits?

and where exactly have they stated such a thing

[quote user="SL4Y1N6 R34PER"]

and where exactly have they stated such a thing

[/quote]In just about every press release recently...

[quote user="WILK0"]So with the former CEO of Microsoft, and the man credited as being the originator of the Xbox, and leading publishers and developers, a lot of core gamers and just about everyone involved with gaming (apart from casual gamers, fanbois/girls and Microsoft) saying Microsoft have gone down the wrong road with regards to it's recent focus on anything other than games, is it time for Microsoft to listen to people before it's too late...

[/quote]

I'm guessing your question is in that last part; is it time for Microsoft to listen to people before it's too late?

My opinion is that Microsoft has been listening to people, but they're pushing for the Xbox 720 as an all-in-one entertainment system a little too fast right now (which is what's turning gamers off). The Xbox 720, Kinect 2.0, Windows Phone 8, Bing, Surface, IllumiRoom, etc., etc. running cohesively is their goal. There has also been word of  one AAA exclusive combining a television series with gaming that is being worked on for the Xbox 720. Gears of War: Judgment is coming in March (less than a month) along with a title known as State of Decay (XBLA). I don't know about you, but I would hold back any judgment on the Xbox 720 and Microsoft at the moment as everything is just - coming together.

[quote user="SoapyShip"]

[quote user="WILK0"]So with the former CEO of Microsoft, and the man credited as being the originator of the Xbox, and leading publishers and developers, a lot of core gamers and just about everyone involved with gaming (apart from casual gamers, fanbois/girls and Microsoft) saying Microsoft have gone down the wrong road with regards to it's recent focus on anything other than games, is it time for Microsoft to listen to people before it's too late...

[/quote]

I'm guessing your question is in that last part; Is it time for Microsoft to listen to people before it's too late?

My opinion is that Microsoft has been listening to people, but they're pushing for the Xbox 720 as an all-in-one entertainment system a little too fast right now (which is what's turning gamers off). The Xbox 720, Kinect 2.0, Windows Phone 8, Bing, Surface, IllumiRoom, etc., etc. running cohesively is their goal. There has also been word of  one AAA exclusive combining a television series with gaming that is being worked on for the Xbox 720. Gears of War: Judgment is coming in March (less than a month) along a title known as State of Decay (XBLA). I don't know about you, but I would hold back any judgment on the Xbox 720 and Microsoft at the moment as everything is just - coming together.

[/quote]Every single Microsoft product from the phone to the most recent OS is comming under heavy criticism from just about everyone, they are most definately not listening to their customers.

First rule of business "The customer is always right", they are breaking the first rule and will be punished accordingly, that's not me saying that, it's the former CEO, the man credited with bringing the Xbox to the market, Developers, Publishers, Analyists, core gamers and just about anyone who is not a casual gamer or a fanboi...

[quote user="WILK0"]

Every single Microsoft product from the phone to the most recent OS is comming under heavy criticism from just about everyone, they are most definately not listening to their customers.

First rule of business "The customer is always right", they are breaking the first rule and will be punished accordingly, that's not me saying that, it's the former CEO, the man credited with bringing the Xbox to the market, Developers, Publishers, Analyists, core gamers and just about anyone who is not a casual gamer or a fanboi...

[/quote]

I know I'm a fan of Microsoft, no need for that last slang word that's gained common ground among you real gamers. If you don't want to play on the Xbox 360 anymore, just don't play it (even though it still does play controller based video games) -  nothing is stopping you from stopping. Apple is a more innovative company as far as recent times suggest, you could go with them and I would still respect you as a gamer as we would both still be enjoying games and probably several multiplatform ones we could discuss.

[quote user="SoapyShip"]

[quote user="WILK0"]

Every single Microsoft product from the phone to the most recent OS is comming under heavy criticism from just about everyone, they are most definately not listening to their customers.

[/quote]

I know I'm a fan of Microsoft, no need for that last slang word that's gained common ground among you real gamers. If you don't want to play on the Xbox 360 anymore, just don't play it (even though it still does play controller based video games) -  nothing is stopping you from stopping. Apple is a more innovative company as far as recent times suggest, you could go with them and I would still respect you as a gamer as we would both still be enjoying games and probably several multiplatform ones we could discuss.

[/quote]I use the term fanbois for the people that are not reasonable, i don't include all people who disagree with me in that statement.

I have Nintendo consoles, i have iOS devices, i have multiple Xbox's and have been with Xbox since 2003, i was very anti Playstation, but intend to off-load my main Xbox in the next week or two and buy a PS3 then most probably the PS4, but the tragedy is, i don't want to abandon the Xbox, but Microsoft has abandoned me...

I guess any business will start to be in trouble if they ignore customers’ needs for too long, but I don't know if they're not listening to us until something official comes out. They might say their current focus is on apps and whatever during the end of the 360, but really you can't know for certain what's in store with the next xbox.

-

Now if they do finally release some info officially and let’s say hypothetically the first release of the next console will come bundled with Disney Adventures then I will have to agree 100% that they need to listen up before it's too late.