Time for a new xbox?

Couple of years ago Microsoft stated there won't be a new home console from them until atleast 2015.. Capcom said Resident Evil 6 won't be out until 2014 and we all know resi always gets delayed for a year. To be honest i'm bored of this generation, nothing new on the horizon, its all tried and tested, remixed, revised crap we've all seen before.. Fifa - never changes, PGA - still the same, Driversf although a good game is just like Burnout, Call of Duty has been milked to breaking point so I'm ready for a new xbox, new games, genres etc.

Rumour has it that Microsoft has already made a new home console and EA has it and will be released end of 2012.

Are you ready for a new games console?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm ready for it to be released, but they're usually too expensive for my liking upon release.

After it's released I'd wait a year or 2 or 3.

im jsut about ready for a ps3 right about now, im hungry for some of there exclusives

Just buy a PC, problem solved.

Ah "rumors" you gotta love em. "Rumors" have been flying around about a "new" Console since 2008 and it still hasn't happened. As for if "I" want a new Console, nope, I'm fine with the one I have. 2015 would be just about right for me.

Ive got one, they aren't all that, mines broken, hdmi cable snapped off in back of it. 360 is built better.

already got a pc and it aint solved. Intel core i-7 2600 3.40Ghz quadcore, 8 threads, ati radeon hd 6570, 6 gig ram and 1Tb hdd. hard to find strategy games which are compat with windows 7 64bit.

it's time...

[quote user="V King Bill V"]

already got a pc and it aint solved. Intel core i-7 2600 3.40Ghz quadcore, 8 threads, ati radeon hd 6570, 6 gig ram and 1Tb hdd. hard to find strategy games which are compat with windows 7 64bit.

[/quote]

Unless you're playing really, really, ancient games, most are compatible. Just play in compatibility mode.

Strategy games aren't the only games worth playing on PC either.

civilization 4 aint compat with win7, neither is sim city, the only civ game compat with win7 64bit is civ 5.

[quote user="NCR General"]

im jsut about ready for a ps3 right about now, im hungry for some of there exclusives

[/quote]

Along with three 360s (don't ask why) I also have a PS3 & a Wii. For me, the PS3 has a more desirable exclusive list, because it's more varied than the 360's. Games like Heavy Rain, LittleBig Planet & ModNation Racers simply cannot be found on the 360. I also prefer Gran Turismo to Forza. All that said, the 360 is better as an actual game machine IMHO. Yes, the PS3 is more powerful with (usually) better graphics & sound, but it is also extremely slow. Online speeds, especially downloads are horrifically bad. Loading screens are indescribably long compared to any other console I've ever played... Ever. I have literally lost interest in games while waiting through load screens. Despite the 360's sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't d-pad, it's controller is of an infinitely better design than Sony's. Unless you have very small hands, the PS controller will probably cramp you up pretty quickly. It is small, the buttons are laid out poorly and give almost no tactile feedback (they're too flat), the analog sticks were tacked on & positioned badly, the diagonal axis of the d-pad rest under the surface of the controller, the triggers suffer the same issues as the buttons and the whole thing just feels light & cheap compared with the 360's. I'm not trying to turn you off of the PS3, I love mine & it's games... I'm just letting you know what bothers me the most about it, so you're not surprised.