Tightening up RECON for BF3

Alright sniping as i can tell is very hated and loved thing but its gonna be in BF3 no matter what. Since prone is gonna be in the class doesnt need to be nerfed it needs to be made alot harder to use. Id like to see what the community thinks from both wookie hunters and avid Recon users. Some of the things i think that need to be removed are the spotting scope and magnum ammo option for sniping. Leave the different scopes but bring the breathing rate to mess with your aim especially when using your 12x scope. Bullet drop is awesome but if the engine can pull it off bring in wind to mess with your shots (have change over time during the gameplay to keep people from just becoming to adjusted to the map). Make the ghillie suit an optional unlock for the sniper in the section with the mortar strikes if its remaining in the same class from BC2. As for the spotting scope make it an actual spotting scope that you set up to use with a nice 20x-60x zoom. Increase the points for spotting and assisting other players. Also if a sniper is sitting like within 5ft of you and hes a squadmate allow him to see the outline of a target your spotting for him so as a way to fight wookie to wookie since prones gonna be a part of the game. Only one sniper to spotter to keep a squad from gathering around one spotter. Truly i think sniping can be more appreciated if you just make it more difficult to use and weed out the snipers from the actual RECON players. Any other ideas besides removing the class.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Also make it so that way spotting moving targets the dot fades faster and color code dots for different classes. If you spot a sniper the dot takes longer to fade especially if he doesnt move and make it a bright vibrant color that sticks out the most

Leave it as it is, give the other classes something as important as the spotting scope to even things out a bit. Sniping may be a tad bit easy but hunting down the snipers is far easier, in my my opinion. Nothing beats a squad of engineers with great communication.

Probably be better to change the spotting system, so the spot remains in the same place (e.g. a last known position)

E.g someone spots an enemy player, if the player moves out of the line of sight  of the spotter, the triangle remains in the same place.

Should be effective for snipers in the who have a broken left stick.

Won't happen because its not balanced. Snipers are easy to take care off.

or how about make it like americas army was where you start out as one class and unlock the rest as you level up and to unlock the recon you have to have so many headshots etc etc maybe make it to where only the dedicated actually get the class and not some 12 year old scrub who likes to sit in spawn the whole game

when did the spotting scope become important?

that thing is useless.

it appears to be all the rage in core mode

you the mode where you have the guy that dives behind the sofa and you have to shoot him for 20 fing minutes

and a +1 to those who know what movie that is from

[quote user="BattFink"]someone spots an enemy player, if the player moves out of the line of sight  of the spotter, the triangle remains in the same place.[/quote]

[quote user="Malus333"]

it appears to be all the rage in core mode

you the mode where you have the guy that dives behind the sofa and you have to shoot him for 20 fing minutes

and a +1 to those who know what movie that is from

[/quote]

I still laugh when Roco shoots the cat

All hail the Saints.

Like Battfink said, make the spot more like "last know position," but with that said keep the sensor mine as is. Maybe add a wind effect to the bullet in hardcore but other then that, I need to really sit and think about it.

No cats were harmed in the making of this poat