Thrustmaster wheel a disappointement

Very disappointed with this wheel. No matter which steering mode I select (assist, normal or simulation) the game keeps yanking the wheel out of my hand to "help" me with my steering. I also have to switch during the game to a regular controller to navigate the menus.

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Ouch! 350? Is that what thAt  thing costs?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

$399

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I would suggest talking with Thrustmaster support. I've been using the wheel since 11/29 and it works great for me. There definitely are not any problems using the wheel to navigate menus (although using the wheel to paint isn't really viable).

Have you used a force feedback wheel before the TX?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have used a force feedback wheel before but it has been a while.  It was the original Microsoft force feedback wheel for the PC.  I found that if you turn the wheel all the way right or left it will then move right or left thru the menus, I was just not turning it that far before.  And in the game it is working a little better now that I found a menu in the game where I could turn the force feedback down.  My initial complaint was that when I got into the least little bit of trouble on the track the wheel would yank out of my hands and rotate from full left to full right and back in a fraction of a second and keep doing this till the car came to a stop.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The force feedback of wheels today is MUCH enhanced over what you would have experienced with that Microsoft wheel. It's more realistic but also more of a challenge. I'm glad to hear you found some settings to help configure the wheel to you're liking. A big part of enjoying these wheels is finding your personal "sweet spot" in the settings.

An update should be coming out in the next couple weeks that will provide some additional wheel adjustment settings from within the game. I'm excited to see what new options have been incorporated.

If you need any other help with the wheel just let me know!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

There is a UPDATE NOW on the thrustmaster website. In order for the wheel to work correctly you must use your PC to update your wheel through the website. Update to Firmware V45 is not optional and can't be done through the Xbox one.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I returned my TX Racing wheel for XBOX One today after 2 weeks. It just died. I'm very disappointed in Microsoft in not demanding more quality out of one of their vendors. Forza 5 was one of their main titles at launch - too bad it didn't have a reliable wheel to go with it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

There were definitely a bunch of people (myself included) that experienced problems with the first batch of wheels that came out. However, Thrustmaster support was very good about getting replacement bases sent out to people with problems. I had mine in about a week. Others I know of had their wheels replaced even quicker. If the wheel was crappy I probably would have just returned mine - but it's not. The wheel is great and, IMO, it's a step up from every last gen wheel except maybe the top-of-the-line Elite Fanatec wheel.

@ den solo - I'm surprised to hear that you got a wheel that crapped out. I thought those had all been addressed by now. Where did you get your wheel from? Did it have an external power supply - or just a cord coming out of the base of the wheel?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Crunch seems like you are the only evangelist for this wheel. Price is coming down, we ll see if the Madcatz wheel fairs better. Keep up the good work...maybe you ll sell someone on this disaster .

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Quest - I might be the only evangelist here - but go check out the hardware threads on the forzamotorsport.net forums. You'll find a number of people over there that are really happy with their wheels.

I do really like the TX. I've played on Logitech G25 and G27, Fanatec CSR and the Thrustmaster TX. In my opinion the Thrustmaster is the best out of all those wheels by far.

I'm interested in the MadCatz. However, the release of that wheel has been pretty disappointing (especially since they showed a version of that wheel before the Xbox One was even released). It looks like a solid wheel and the pedals look pretty good. I'm concerned that the wheel will only support 270 DOR or 900 DOR but that's just the switch that's visible on the wheel and perhaps the in-game settings will allow in-between DOR settings.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 29 Applies to: