Throwing knife physics

I've noticed there not as good as Tomahawks on Blops, they don't bounce of walls as good. In Blops you could throw them in a window and stand a good chance of it rebounding of the wall 2-3 or even 4 times and get a kill. MW3 knifes seem to only rebound once or twice if you're lucky, I've only managed to bounce them of the floor into folks for a kill. What do you think?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

...I think knives wouldn't bounce off a wall even once and still have the ability to kill somebody wearing body armor. The knife in this game is overpowered. Always has been. It's one of the top few reasons why Call of Duty blows my mind. A one hit melee kill? Give me a break.

A throwing knife will always kill somebody when you throw it at them, but you can fairly often survive a .50 cal shot to the chest? Come on.

I don't mind getting killed by a throwing knife as it takes some skill but the panic knife............ ahhhh....... I prefer to be mowed down by akimbo FMG9s. The melee should be a ohk from behind only.

With all the like or dislike aside, I find it funny when people suggest that a knife should be a ohk from behind only.

People talk about the physics of bouncing knives and ohks to the feet being unrealistic ....... but the "behind only" suggestion is every bit as bad ... or worse..

What? Do you have like laser beam eyes that dull the edge when you look at it.?   Is my butt supposed to be a more vulnerable area than my throat?   Come on.

Hmmm, I have fun despite the "ridiculousness" of how things work. But I do miss the t-hawk, it made for some funny videos.

The knife is BS.  It should always be a two hit kill.  COD laws of physics blow my mind.  It takes 5 to 10 rounds from just about any gun to kill a person, but one swipe of my knife and you drop.   Nutless monkeys could make a better game that IW/Sledgehammer.  

I wasn't referring to realism, just that the physics aren't as good as Blops. We all know CoD isn't based on realism so that's why i stand behind ohk to the back with a knife.

Different shape and weight, I thnk they act fine.

[quote user="Frank Castle 73"]

The knife is BS.  It should always be a two hit kill.  COD laws of physics blow my mind.  It takes 5 to 10 rounds from just about any gun to kill a person, but one swipe of my knife and you drop.   Nutless monkeys could make a better game that IW/Sledgehammer.  

[/quote]  We dont wnat realism. Most of us wouldnt get to play more than one game.

But any weapon put in the game that has a delay for a second shot should have the potential for a ohk. N

Now I'd favor having rifle butt, or knife . or even a bayonette (WaW had an awesome bayonette animation) that just stunned the crap out of somebody. But I do think there is a need for an instant melee of some sort.

My suggestion to you would be to go out and buy some monkeys ..... have them nutted and go into the developing/publishing business. You could make a fortune.

Of course everyone would complain that the game seemed to be made by nutless monkeys ...... but you'd be rich and wouldnt care.

Someone brought up an interesting point. A throwing knife can bounce off the floor and still kill you as to where a 50-cal sniper rifle needs two rounds to take you out unless it's in the head. 50-cal rifles actually split people in half. Let's add that to Call of Duty and see the kinda messages we get from people calling us scrubs.

The ptrs in WaW would blow off limbs .......... ah, the good old days where games about war actually showed blood and guts.