Throbbing Thumbs (Zombies), Need Advice

Hey,

So my friends and I regularly play Zombies high level. Our games or gaming sessions regularly last 4-8hrs or more, with us all taking turns running the horde.

My issue is that after a number of hours my thumbs will hurt.  My hands will also start to cramp. The cramping I can deal with , but the thumbs are bad. Mainly my left one will begin to hurt where the thumbstick puts pressure on it.

It can become pretty painful to run after the thumbstick has been digging into you for 8 hrs...

So, does anyone know of any thing that will help. I was wondering about FPS freaks, for zombies only, but some reviews I have read say that they actually increase cramping.

Does anyone know of any other possible toppers, preferably padded/soft or a padded/soft aftermarket controller?...

Anyone have any other advice?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="Furl Hawkens"]

[/quote]

Put the controller down?

Thumb crunches? I have no idea. I would probably give up after 4 hours even if we can still easily go on.

we are trying for leader-boards, do it almost every night at least one or two games lol :)

Though my finance says that she gets similar pains in her thumbs after play for a few hrs in multilayer.

FPS Freaks will most definitely cause more cramps. They make you more accurate but extend the reach you have to make with your thumbs, therefor adding to the problem. Just get a racquetball or tennis ball and when you start to cramp up, use those as a stress ball.

I like to lay my hand out on the table occasionally and whack it with a hammer. Its fun, but I cant stand the pain and wonder if anyone has any idea on how to make it hurt less?    lol........

On a more serious side .......... I have some arthritis in my fingers and even have whats callrd "trigger finger" where my fingers lock in a bent position. I dont know if gaming makes this worse or not (I have seriously had my hands struck by a hammer many times in the past, among other issues).

I use aspirin and will work at stretching my fingers straight and even back a bit. Also massaging the palms of my hands just below the fingers helps.

Also .......possibly find some foam mic covers to put on your sticks or just find some foam and cut it to fit.

Its "Freeks", give em a try, theyre only like 10 bucks I think.

my biggest issue isn't actually the hand cramping. Its all about the thumbs. When I am running my thumb will get sore where it meets with the thumbstick, from the pressure being constantly applied. Its the point of contact thats getting sore. Thats why I was  wondering if anyone knew of any soft toppers or soft thumbsitck controllers.

Gloves? MLG probably sells some.

[quote user="CalFase"]

[quote user="Furl Hawkens"]

[/quote]

Put the controller down?

[/quote]

This.  Take breaks.  If you're playing for 4-8 hours straight of course your hands are going to cramp up.  Extended gaming sessions aren't exactly a spa treatment for your hands.

You need to get yourself some robot hands.  They've done wonders for my cramps.