Thread removed?

Wow.  Thanks for killing a good time mods.  I've officially lost what's left of my faith in all of you.  Many people talk about how all of you choose to remove posts, and lock or remove threads too liberally.  I could simply re-post what I did as I saved it, but you guys and gals will just remove it again.  Thanks for learning to find your fun side.  Unfortunately for you and us, you threw it under a bus long ago.  

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Well to be fair your story might have been interesting but it had the most tenuous of links to 360 gaming.

-

Have you considered posting your stuff on fiction websites or even starting your own. That would likely be a better outlet for your creativity than the forum here where they will likely get deleted

I agree with VoteDC. I enjoyed your story but it wasn't really on topic. I'm not surprised at all that it got removed. If the off topic forum wasn't so dead I'd suggest you post it there. Maybe you can revive it with compelling tales of gnome adventures?

[quote user="voteDC"]

Well to be fair your story might have been interesting but it had the most tenuous of links to 360 gaming.

-

Have you considered posting your stuff on fiction websites or even starting your own. That would likely be a better outlet for your creativity than the forum here where they will likely get deleted

[/quote]Tenuous of links to gaming?  I had enough to where I thought it would suffice.  This was done in the General Discussion forums...   I even tried to make it as non-offensive as I could.  Plenty of threads that carry no links to gaming stay up for a long, long time around here.

As far as posting stuff the message has been received loud and clear that the Xbox.com forums are not to be associated with fun or enjoyment at all.  The mods act like robots lacking personality, much of the community is horrible (arguably myself), The Ambassador program is a joke, and the rating system is worthless.  I'll stick around, but it will primarily to be negative. 

[quote user="UnyoBro"]

If the off topic forum wasn't so dead I'd suggest you post it there. Maybe you can revive it with compelling tales of gnome adventures?

[/quote]Does such a glorious place exist or is that sarcasm?  If it's real can you please link me there?

[quote user="Thookins"]

[quote user="UnyoBro"]

If the off topic forum wasn't so dead I'd suggest you post it there. Maybe you can revive it with compelling tales of gnome adventures?

[/quote]Does such a glorious place exist or is that sarcasm?  If it's real can you please link me there?

[/quote]Off topic Yes such a place does exist!

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

I wouldn't go blaming this all on the mods. Your story in the support section was most likely noticed by a mod but in general gaming a normal user probably reported it and then a mod took action.

I assume the main issue besides not being on topic is the length. Lots of words scare some people and that fear makes them angry.

forums.xbox.com/.../286.aspx

It's hidden in the PC gaming section and it's barely active. Good luck.

[quote user="UnyoBro"] Lots of words scare some people and that fear makes them angry.

[/quote]Thank you, and thank you Skill.  Done. 

Speaking of people not liking to read posts with a lot of words...  I once had a post which a person replied back to it only saying "TLDR."  I felt so sorry for this person, who was an adult which made it even more pathetic. 

[quote user="UnyoBro"]

[/quote]The forums alone are hardly active ever since they switched it. But anyways, the OT forum on Bungies website and the ones on the steam forums are a lot more active. Less strict too. 

I got banned once because I told a particular mod I didn't enjoy the Halo franchise... and then a second time right after the ban was lifted because when he messaged me to see if I had changed my mind. Sadly, he was an adult.

[quote user="Bon3zz1001"]

[quote user="UnyoBro"]

[/quote]the OT forum on Bungies website and the ones on the steam forums are a lot more active. Less strict too. 

[/quote]Thanks for the tip.  I'll have to check them out.