Thoughts or reviews on new DLC?

Been lurking the forums to find any information on it but none seem to be here, so just wanted to ask the people who played it if it's worth the purchase. I haven't played DAII in a while and I still have it so this will help me decide if I'm gonna bother with it again or not.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

A thorough playthrough will take you no more than 3 hours.  The new "key" weapon is quite badass if you are decently leveled up once you start Legacy.  There are a handful of new items, mainly necklaces, rings, belts that may replace your existing gear.  

A brand new dungeon with a decently hard final boss fight and some new insights into the lore of the darkspawn/blight intertwined with the Tevinter Imperium.  I enjoyed the return to DA2 as I hadn't played it in months, but for 800 points, it's a bit pricey.  And hey, it had no noticeable glitches, so I hope that's a sign of the quality level of the DLC we'll get in the future.

I just hope Bioware is/has been working on an Awakening-sized DLC that will be released by the end of this year.   I'd like to spend more time in the DA2 universe exploring some fresh content.

I think the dlc should been more on the lines of 560 or 400. *00 points is a a little too much for the this.

The dlc is not really long maybe 3 or 4 hours. I have not completed it but I am almost at the end.

the weapon is bad @@@.

and you get to quest with your your brother or sister again( if their not dead)

and yes its harder the archers in this game is kicking my butt

Thanks for all the sharing. The dlcs for DAO were really short, I hope this one would be a little longer. Just finished the new dlc for Fallout New Vegas and it took me ~15 hrs.

I bought all the DAO dlcs at day 1 but all the Fallout 3 dlcs with a discount. This time I guess I'll just do the opposite for DA2 and FNV.

Worth it, no area re-use blah blah blah... Good story.

And yeah you can't compare it with fallout DLC I just finished those and they just own everything.

Anybody got any idea of how to beat that  final boss?????  Im at a low level(im trying to get that take bethany/carver with you)!!!!

You can return at a later date so long as Bethany/Carver survive the Deep roads.

As Far as tactics go I found it really easy, in fact I solo'd it with Merrill after my whole party died straight away. Anyway stay by the big containment jar things so the fire passes and it won't do much damage, and manage your healers more than your damagers. The maze is pretty easy, just if it slows you down don't try and out run the fire just let it go through you and take the damage, but it won't be continuous.

The last boss was hard for me too. while the boss is throwing frie stand next to the statues and Kill the ADD wait for the fire to pass you , then move on to the next Statue.

Qoute:You can return at a later date so long as Bethany/Carver survive the Deep roads.

As Far as tactics go I found it really easy, in fact I solo'd it with Merrill after my whole party died straight away. Anyway stay by the big containment jar things so the fire passes and it won't do much damage, and manage your healers more than your damagers. The maze is pretty easy, just if it slows you down don't try and out run the fire just let it go through you and take the damage, but it won't be continuous.:::quoute

I didnt know that!!!!

If you get in to the sections with the statues as the flames go around in circles you can kill the shades & then follow the flames around.  I figured this out after I lost Anders & Varric in about 10 seconds & ended up with me as a damager Mage & Fenris by ourselves.

The last couple of moments was rather intense but lots of AOE spells to control him make it a fair cake walk.

PS: for those of you who haven't played yet.  Taking Anders & Varric with you makes for some mildly interesting side-discussion.

I think that it's worth the 800 points maybe not in play time- but it does get you a fair number of achievements.

@EdgyDragon you're welcome, however if that was sarcasm then well... I'll cry because my manly feelings are hurt.