Thoughts on Players with Guests

Wanted to get a feel for everyone's thoughts when they play a game and they see a player with a guest...

Normally when I see that...especially if they're on my team, I get worried.  I'm not sure about an exact percentage, but I would say that around 75% of the time, the guest is either AFK or just absolutely useless. 

I know that I have seen a few players with guests where both players at least hold their own.  But the majority of the time, you're gonna get one of the two doing nothing.  Very frustrating.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

well, when I see them in the game lobby, If they're on my team, I assume they're noobs, and if they're on the opposing team, I assume they're the crazy good MLG people that have no life. Helps me do better in the game. Although, If you see somebody with more than one guest, it's more likely they're noobs, just messing around or something. Of course, assuming the player and his guests know what they're doing, they have no problems with communication, and can just annihilate you in the game. Also, I got my best medal ever on a guest profile(it was in firefight though) on Sniperfight I got a 40 killstreak, and I ended at the top of our leaderboard.

Yeah that's the same way I feel and if they leave I don't lose 1 teammate I lose 2. I wish they would put a restriction on some playlists such as Big Team so you can't bring a guest. Countless times I've had split screen people who quit right at the beginning of some games which seems to cause an uproar with everyone else on my team and one by one people leave. I don't see much fun in being spawn camped for 15 minutes.

I don't mind guests.  My wife plays as my guest sometimes and she's not really that good.  I figure everybody is playing to the game to have fun so why worry about it.

Usually when I see them on the other team I figure "Easy win". When they're on my team I figure "We lose". Lol. In the vast majority of my experiences, that's the case. I've only run into a handful of guests who were actually good, if not better than the person they were playing with.

When there's one guest I generally don't make assumptions because I've been spanked by guests before and I've also destroyed entire teams as a guest when I'm too lazy to recover my account. Whenever someone is splitting the screen with several players, then I know they'll be terrible. Splitting the screen 4 times is never a good idea unless you're a millionaire with an 85 inch tv in which case you might as well just buy more tvs at that point.

I'm with Noble 29 and his opinion. Some guests are good but most are just average and are there to just have fun with whoever they are playing with and don't care if they win or lose

When my cousin comes over most of the time he plays on a guest account...... but sometimes when my brother is not playing with us he uses my brothers account... he does not do that bad considering he does not play as much as most of us... He get 5-7 kills... I dont find it that bad since he is a guest and all so... I dont mind playing with my cousin anymore. Heck he sometimes does better than my brother who plays all the time..... But he keeps telling me I have a modded controller because he looks at my screen sometimes... He is like how did you make that shot.. um... I did because I am good like that... You r a hacker... No I am not... Yes you are.... what ever

Another random that will be dragging down your team. We should all be used it by now

Who doesn't love seeing a guy with 3 guests on the other team in a Team Slayer lobby?  lol, I'm licking my chops!

Sure sometimes I get a bad guest on my team too so it goes both ways, but overall it's all good.

I think if you play the competitive playlists (few people do it seems) there are no guests.

I feel as if there more trouble than good.  They are usually the ones that initiate a inner team battle.  or there the ones that are quick to the Wart Hog and drive you into the oceans or off the cliffs.