Thoughts & Impressions

As a Labor of Love to a game i admire more than most i wanna hear what You " The Forum Browser " Has To Say ? Feel free to leave your opinion on last Tuesdays Code Veronica **** Release on games on demand, Did you buy the game , is it good, did you complete it, are you currently playing through it & How many achievements did you manage to attain ?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I bought it wednesday, don't expect the graphics to be like Resident Evil 5, they look ok for HD and a little dark, had to adjust the TV, and for RE:4 HD as well. I almost beat the first part of the game on the part that the Tyrant is on the plane, but my health is in danger and no healing items, I'm afraid I willt have to restart. Back when the original game was released, I beat the game in 1 hour and 45 minutes, but my skills have decreased over the years, but I hope I will get better with each playthrough. I hope they make Resident Evil 0, 1, 2 and 3 on the future.

If your struggling you should buy the official guide, you can get em 2nd hand on Amazon and Resident Evil 0 was S-H-1-T, that should never be released again

I already have the original Bradygames guide that was released back then and , I agree that RE:0 was not as good, but that was the begginning of the series and we know how things happened at least.

I just love that game! Seriously, I do. I've played it back in 2002 or so on my old PS2 and I couldn't stop playing it back then - and neither can I now.

There are a few things that make me wonder, though.

First of all, is that game easier than it used to be? For example, I seem to recall that it took three explosive crossbow arrows to kill a Bandersnatch and not just two.

Secondly, I noticed with quite a shock that only about 25 people are listed in the leaderboards. What gives?

And finally, where's the HD part of RE CVX HD? I mean, the graphics are sharper now, but I attribute that to playing on an LCD TV connected via HDMI now and not a CRT with SCART. Everything else appears to be just like it was on my PS2, not counting 16:9 aspect ratio.

Edit: Forum is eating my CR/LFs, so no paragraphs.

I think I missed this game back in the day.  There were a few RE games here and there I missed for whatever reason, but I'm playing RE 4 now too and its really kind of nice to go back to the roots of the RE series, meaning how Code Veronica sticks to the old inventory, preset camera angles, and of course, the creepy walking through a door scenes.  

I forgot just how much suspense those doors, and the sounds of enemies walking around the corner just out of the camera angle add to the feel of these games.  

[quote user="AcadiaPaul"]

I forgot just how much suspense those doors, and the sounds of enemies walking around the corner just out of the camera angle add to the feel of these games.  

[/quote]

The funny thing is that while all those door/stairs/ladder animations were just a cheap yet IMO ingenious way to semi-hide loading times on the old consoles, I would actually miss them if they were gone. I mean, I rather wait 5 - 10 seconds and watch those animations even though the actual loading times on the xbox are a second at most than having far quicker loading times at the cost of the animations being gone.

If you dont notice how much better this game looks in HD Compared to the Gamecube/PS2 Version you need to get your eyes checked homeboy, Resi 4 hasnt had a massive graphical upgrade but CVX looks way better in hd than it did on PS2 ! Look at those Shadow effects, Look at those non Jaggy Characters, Oh well maybe get a rope and hang ones self in thy attic may i suggest, Nah tho , Tupac, Eminem and Nas ARE THE BEST RAPPERS, Super STREET FIGHTER 2 Turbo HD etc

I'm really enjoying it. I love the old style Resi gameplay and the graphics still look pretty good if you ask me.

The Graphics are more than pretty good, THE GRAPHICS ARE HIGHLY AROUSING !

I originally played Code Veronica on the Dreamcast, then Playstation2, then Gamecube.  I always thought the Dreamcast version was the best because it would show your energy and heartbeat on the visual memory card on the joypad. I also remember a mistake in one of the cutscenes were Wesker threatens Clare even though he's never met her before and still knows her name. That scene didn't exist on the Dreamcast version but it did on PS2 and Gamecube.

I haven't downloaded the Xbox360 version yet but I will later today.