Those spammers...

Most of the time I play Reach I'm in SWAT, but eventually I come out of my rut and jump into some Team/Squad Slayer.

All I can say is...grenades. Yeah I use them, but all I hear during games is the ***** sound of grenades. People seem to rely way too much on them. It's a small problem in Team Slayer, but it really annoys the heck out of me in Squad Slayer. I actually play Team Slayer over Squad because of Armor Lock.

No I'm not one of those people that goes into Armor Lock at every instance a bullet is shot, it's just a nice defense against storms of grenades.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="ChainSmokingBob"]

Halo 3's appropriately-powerful-when-aimed-correctly water balloons, right? .

I don't think 33% of Kills would ever come from grenades for numerous reasons but I do see the point you're trying to make.

And Ratchet, I apologise with the utmost sincerity...

[/quote]

It's not like I'm raging or anything, I just start to get tired of people's attitudes on here. It gets kind of annoying after a while.

I'm sorry, Armor Lock is in what playlist now?

Evade is a good counter for grenades... But it's not in Arena/slayer/Some objectives.

Jetpack, you must have REALLY good reactions, or get lucky to fly outta the blast radius.

Same for Sprint, you need to sprint away the moment it's thrown.

The game has always been about the triangle of balance (Square in the case of maps with vehicles). Basically you have weapons, grenades and melee all at your disposal. In a perfectly balanced world, you would have exactly one third of kills and deaths by all of these systems (With vehicles, a quarter each). The data suggests otherwise, that the grenades aren't too powerful. Using Jetpack, Evade, Sprint, and Armor Lock you can avoid most deaths by grenades.

With that being said, the data suggests that the grenades are underpowered, but people like them the way they are so. They do just enough damage to be viable weapons (Cough, Halo 3's Water Balloons Cough) to campers and groups of enemies but are also weak enough to not kill you instantly and by using Armor Abilities you shouldn't die all that much from them.

If you're total deaths or kills by grenades is more than 10% I think that's the individuals skill level not being that high, not the game.

Grenades have been spammed in every Halo game to be honest lol. It's a solid tactic for taking down someone's shield in order to finish them off with your main weapon. Ideally you want to be able to use a grenade for every kill, but obviously that's not always possible.

It's the same thing with the melee. You use it to remove a huge chunk of your opponents shield/health so that you don't have to worry about your aim as much as they do in the shootout that's probably about to take place.

[quote user="MattKohl101"]

I don't think 33% of Kills would ever come from grenades for numerous reasons but I do see the point you're trying to make.

[/quote]

Haha I hated Halo 3's grenades... just far too weak.

And yes, 33% of kills/deaths would never happen. That's the 100% perfectly balanced game with perfect maps and perfect gametypes.

The only thing Halo: Reach's grenades need are a very slight increase in fuse time. The only reason they're seemingly so powerful now is the short fuse, other than that they have the exact same strength as Halo 3's grenades. Also the same radius of damage.

The grenades work in Halo: Reach. ESPECIALLY with Armor Abilities. The only one that doesn't defend against grenades is Active Camo and Hologram... the rest can be used to avoid most, if not all, of the damage of a grenade.

[/quote]

I disagree with you.

Grenades on Halo 3 are just right, 33% kills and death from grenades does not make the game balanced.  Halo 3 is a far far more balanced game than Halo: Reach. On this account i have 43184 matchmaking kills on Halo 3, you're suggesting that 14395 of those kills should be from grenades if the game is balanced, i'm sorry but that is just ridiculous.  You begin with 2 grenades and plenty of ammunition for weapons at the beginning of a match, a huge majority of your kills should come from weapons not grenades.

Weapons in Halo 3 are much more balanced than in Reach, the sniper rifle in Reach is far too easy to use in my opinion making it very overpowered.  Also the maps in Halo: Reach i think are generally terrible for balance.

Armor abilties also just contribute to making the game more unbalanced, people always arguing this armor ability is overpowered, etc.  Halo 3 you're on level playing field at the beginning of the game.

Grenades that are ridiculously powerful get thrown lots?

What a coincidence.

[/quote]

That tone really isn't necessary.

It seems to only be a problem in Squad Slayer because of the close quarter maps.

Grenades being USED and grenades being SPAMMED are very different. I think he knows why melee and grenades can be used.

And Ratchet, now I do actually sincerely apologise, because it's fair enough to be a little tired of any constant crap .

though I have never been killed by a grenade in real life, I would like to think that they aren't ridiculously powerful in the game since sometimes one can go off at ure feet and u can survive... simply jumping can save ure butt most of the time unless ure shields are already down...  I bet if I jumped in real life & a grenade were below me, I would die..

People spam them because they are way too powerful