This is one of the hardest games I've ever played

I've had this game for over a year now and still havent beaten it. I've gotten stuck on so many parts and died so many times that I have the "Your journey ends" Screen stuck in my mind. Right now I'm on the mage tower part and up to the boss. (I got past the fade by the way) I can't take this death streak any more and I feel like taking this game back to gamestop because its so hard.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Have you changed the difficulty setting? Also... at the final boss battle, remember to use the Litany of Adralla (what you recovered from Niall's body after being in the Fade), as it helps. What class is your Warden, and have you upgraded your weapons? The game is challenging, but can be beaten.

Have you set anything in your tactics menu?

This game can be a bit difficult, but it is possible to beat. You want to make sure to have good weapons and armor, make sure you have a mage (if you aren't one) in your party so they can heal you (you can have tactics set on a mage to have them heal you or another character when health is at a certain percent). Plus you want to make sure you have your difficulty setting at Casual if you want things to be a bit easier.

NO! Lowering the difficulty is never the right answer! Are you really a hero? Or are you just a baby who cries when you have to burp? Tighten your belt, crush a beer can againast your head, grip that controller with two hands, set the difficulty to "Nightmare", belch like you mean it and shout, "I'M A MAN, DAMMIT, AND I WILL DESTROY YOU!!!" Also, make sure you have a crap-ton of health potions.

Thank God I'm a woman and not a man.

[quote]Posted by Lalaithion

NO! Lowering the difficulty is never the right answer! Are you really a hero? Or are you just a baby who cries when you have to burp? Tighten your belt, crush a beer can againast your head, grip that controller with two hands, set the difficulty to "Nightmare", belch like you mean it and shout, "I'M A MAN, DAMMIT, AND I WILL DESTROY YOU!!!" Also, make sure you have a crap-ton of health potions. [/quote]

I can't speak for everyone, but for myself, when I first got this game, I finished it on Normal first, then each subsequent playthrough at a higher difficulty. Everyone plays games in their own way, and it's up to them to find which method suits them best. If one wants to play on the Casual difficulty setting, then that's their choice.

I will concede the point about having a lot of Health Potions as well as Lyirum and Stamina Potions. As well as having the right tactics set for your companions.

@ Deaths Head: I haven't played it on any other difficulty, but that seems like a good idea. Think I'll see just how well I've gotten to know this game by switching to Normal or maybe Hard. Don't think I'm quite ready for Nightmare lol. And I've been playing it for over a year. Pretty sad I know, but I sometimes struggle with games so that's just the way it goes for me. :P

No, no, no, silly girls.  There is no honor, there is no glory in defeating a weak enemy.  Did George Washington "lower the difficulty" that winter in Valley Forge"? Did Henry V "lower the diffuculty" at Agincourt? Hells no, they didn't! They faced their enemy, proved their superiority and we remember them hundreds of years later for it.  Lowering the difficulty is admitting defeat - you may as well find a three-year-old and play some Candyland, then cry when you lose.

I'm not saying that you have to START the game on 'Nightmare', but you can't claim victory if you got defeated, dialed the difficulty setting down, and then killed the baddies.  That's not winning.  That's barely even practice.

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more,

Or close the wall up with our English dead!

In peace there's nothing so becomes a man

As modest stillness and humility,

But when the blast of war blows in our ears,

Then imitate the action of the tiger:

Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,

Disguise fair nature with hard-favored rage;

Then lend the eye a terrible aspect:

Let it pry through the portage of the head

Like the brass cannon; let the brow o'erwhelm it

As fearfully as doth a gallèd rock

O'erhang and jutty his confounded base,

Swilled with the wild and wasteful ocean.

Now set the teeth and stretch the nostril wide,

Hold hard the breath and bend up every spirit

To his full height! On, on, you noble English,

Whose blood is fet from fathers of war-proof,

Fathers that like so many Alexanders

Have in these parts from morn till even fought

And sheathed their swords for lack of argument.

Dishonor not your mothers; now attest

That those whom you called fathers did beget you!

Be copy now to men of grosser blood

And teach them how to war! And you, good yeomen,

Whose limbs were made in England, show us here

The mettle of your pasture. Let us swear

That you are worth your breeding; which I doubt not,

For there is none of you so mean and base

That hath not noble lustre in your eyes.

I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot!

Follow your spirit; and upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'"

Seriously, people.

@Suttefanii - I tend to use that method for a lot of games when I first get them. Start on Normal, finish the game on that difficulty, then replay on a higher difficulty (though I'm still getting frustrated with Insanity level for Mass Effect 2 >.<). I still have one last achievement to unlock for Dragon Age, and that's the "Grim Reaper" achievement for the 'Golems of Amgarrak'. Have to rebuild my Warden from scratch though, as I lost all my data, due to formatting my HDD (just to reinstall another game, which I can't play now thanks to it's parent company altering the payment options... and it's a 10 year old game).

@Lalaithion - For the casual gamer, who may just want to finish the game, then dumbing down the difficulty is acceptable. Everyone plays games differenty, so to each their own I say.

@Deaths Head: Heh, yeah I can see the Grim Reaper achievement being a pain in the butt. I'll probably use a mage character for that achievement so I can heal. Not to mention I'm going to carry about a million (ok not quite that many) health poultices and lyrium potions with me. It's going to be very interesting playing in Nightmare (or Hard) mode for the first time, but it's gonna be fun. I'll probably scare my parents and brothers out of the house from all the swearing and yelling. lol