This IS Battlefield...

When I played the BF Beta I was crushed... how could they take what was supposed to be the spiritual successor to BF:MC and make it into COD? I was on the fence about the game, but I bought it on faith... so damned glad I did! BF3 IS the successor to BF:MC... I never liked BC much... their tanks felt and sounded wrong... as a former US Army Tanker, I know the deal... tanks in this game sound right, drive right, and shoot right... playing Conquest the huge sandbox maps are back too... go anywhere you want, use any tactics you want... I'll probably get MW3 too, since it is a different sort of game, but I can see BF3 being my go to game for the next year at least... good job, EA... you delivered...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

[quote user="GHG Relentless"]

When I played the BF Beta I was crushed... how could they take what was supposed to be the spiritual successor to BF:MC and make it into COD? I was on the fence about the game, but I bought it on faith... so damned glad I did! BF3 IS the successor to BF:MC... I never liked BC much... their tanks felt and sounded wrong... as a former US Army Tanker, I know the deal... tanks in this game sound right, drive right, and shoot right... playing Conquest the huge sandbox maps are back too... go anywhere you want, use any tactics you want... I'll probably get MW3 too, since it is a different sort of game, but I can see BF3 being my go to game for the next year at least... good job, EA... you delivered...

[/quote]

Crushed? Dice made a mistake by releasing an ACTUAL beta to the console community , it seems evident from the response to it you (the console community as a whole) have never played a beta  before , sure you have plenty of releases claiming to be beta's which were jus toot close to final builds. They dumbed everything down in the beta , they told everybody countless times , they stated time and time again it was merely to test their new server code , the map wasnt small , taken as a whole Metro is pretty damn big , there were plenty of caspian border vids out there from conquest on the PC to see what the final release was going to be like BUT still everyone complained about the beta.

I have no idea what BF:MC is but BF3 is the direct sucsessor of BF2

This isnt an attack on you or your opinions mate but next time oyu get an actyual beta to play take everything in it with a wee pinch of salt :)

Archst3r we all know the purpose of a Beta is to test things out but companies now use them as part of their marketting strategy, this is something EA should have realised as people are now used to 'Betas' being 'previews' of finished product. Its the industry as a whole that have driven this perception but its there nevertheless. They did make a mistake by not realising how a Beta is now percieved by the gaming community as a whole.

Glad you like OP, game on.

P.S. The BF3 BETA was the WORST marketing strategy EVER.

[quote user="Archst3r"]

Snip

[/quote]
Don't you find it the least bit odd though that only big-budget, AAA titles get a public beta release?

[quote user="GHG Relentless"]

[/quote]

Army Tanker?...Thanks for what you did for us and for serving. The Army guys are a hoot, I have to tell you. My Pastor at my Church has 2 sons serving. One got married last night, Ranger Captain marrying an Army Nurse. All his buddies were there that served with him in Afghanistan. This one guy Tim was a better dancer than anyone in the place. What a blast!...

Thanks again..

Gonna say out loud that it makes me laugh how they wanted us to stress-test the Beta, even emailed us to request we do it for their prearation to the actual release...... of which they shut their servers! Then it gets reset every now and then over the opening weekend, lag city in the "underpass" map. There is obvious lag which is annoying but then again there are masses of players online so go figure i guess.

ps. loved bfmc and preferred it to the BC games despite destructable enviros. BF3 is rightly the modern remake and i cannot wait for the old BFMC maps to come!

OOOOOSHAAA.  Charge hard Tanker! Artillery here, always wanted a game that allowed me to lay waste to the battlefield, but artillery makes for a boring video game lol. Anyway, drop me a line and I'll cover your A** with the coax.