This generation of gamers too concerned with looks and perfomance?

What do you think? Nintendo is trying to draw gamers back with it's upcoming HD console Wii U. Out of the big three consoles the Wii was perceived to be the weakest because it couldn't deliver in this area. I will admit I have passed up on some games that didn't please me visually. I prefer to play games that have a nice blend of both and can show what the xbox can do.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Bear in mind this is the same generation of gamers who made Minecraft a phenomenal success.  That game, honestly, has terrible graphics and since it's still in beta, pretty poor performance.  Yet it has surpassed millions in sales.  

While people do love their fancy graphics and 60 FPS, Micecraft proved that gameplay means a lot.

Every gamer has their own preference.  Some care for Graphics, others care for Gameplay, most care for both.

_

My personal preference for what games should start adding is more ways to play & interact with Friends.  The Xbox 360 with XBL is basically a great overall example of this & that's why I believe it is a popular console.  But individual games need to start implementing more features to get friends playing more together.

Graphics and performance truly depend on the game in question. Minecraft was an excellent example. Some games, such as a war simulator like Battlefield and CoD have no excuse not to look outstanding this day and age. Eye candy is really pleasing, even more so when the gameplay is also there.

Older games, I think, that we all love even though they aren't graphically pleasing, are fun out of nostalgia. Some actually were very good looking for their time.

Well yeah Minecraft, but what about cell phones and Angry Birds?  What about Farmville?  What about all the arcade games and classics that are being brought back?  We're not necessarily in it for the looks... but when we can get our hands on some eye candy, we'll gladly take it.

If people were really that concerned over graphics they wouldn't be playing on a console.

I still play my NES on a regular so looks aren't really a dealbreaker for me. I actually rage quit Super Mario Bros. 3 last night.

When you're a SD console competing with HD consoles of course you're going to want to be enhanced graphically. How does that make gamers too concerned? The Wii U is actually outdated and it's not even out yet. They can now reach graphical capacities of the 360 and PS3 and perhaps forward but that inevitably means the PS4/720 will blow the Wii U out of the water.

I miss the massive amount of corny games that were only possible in the 90's, like Michael Jordon: Chaos in the Windy City, Home Improvement, etc.

I'll take gameplay over graphics anyday.  If I enjoy it, I'll play it no matter what it looks like.  Some of the kiddies nowadays expect way too much anymore.  They would die if they ever had to play a blocky Atari 2600 game lol.

Well, I didn't buy an Xbox 360 because I DIDN'T want better graphics and such..