This game is so freaking buggy,even after patch.

I played it through once crashing and freezing and all The game was good enough that I lived with it. Played through second time and crashed and frooze like before but this time on reboot i got RROD.I managed to fix it by unpluggin power from wall and console.Used   Q-Tip's to  stick into fans to keep them from  spinning. and rebooted.RROD was gone.PLayed the game later and it frooze again and rebooted with RROD.Did same fix.This time I said *** it.Games is so freaking buggy its causing RROD's.Thats the first game I ever played on XBox that was that buggy and messed up.Even with patchs .Im glad i bought it used and only payed a couple of bucks for it.System is older Xenon and I know it cant be the solder joints on the GPU because just sticking Q-tip's in fan for a second and rebooting   wouldnt do anything about the solder joints If they were cracked.Has to something with the game causing it to freeze and crash so often.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

here this should help: support.xbox.com/.../flashing-lights-solution

if any of the solution does not help then either the game is taking the xbox beyond it's limit or your xbox is really going to die, well technically is going to expire.

[quote user="NukaCola Man63"]

Why does everyone complain about this game being buggy? I upgraded to the ultimate edition and for me it seems to run smoother and faster. Even before I never had any of the freezing issues, or any of the problems that people talk about. Also people talk about all Bethesda games being buggy( yes, I know Obsidian made this) never have I had any problems, am I doing something right? Just curious.

[/quote]I've never found the bugs to be that bad either, but Obsidian and Bethesda games are just traditionally buggy; Black Isle (the company that Obsidian arose out of) made buggy games, and I remember The Elder Scrolls II being notoriously buggy in a game-breaking way.  Most people back then were willing to look past the bugs though because the games were so good (and still are), but people today seem to have less tolerance for them

Games don't cause the RROD.  The game has its bugs, sure, but if the game is that buggy (which often happens when your Xbox is about you die) and you're getting a lot of RRODs, then maybe your Xbox has finally given up the ghost

Why does everyone complain about this game being buggy? I upgraded to the ultimate edition and for me it seems to run smoother and faster. Even before I never had any of the freezing issues, or any of the problems that people talk about. Also people talk about all Bethesda games being buggy( yes, I know Obsidian made this) never have I had any problems, am I doing something right? Just curious.

RROD is telling you to get a new xbox 360. This game has the most bugs i have ever seen in a game, but if you're xbox is doing the RROD it's time for a new one.

I find installing the game to your HD helps, makes it run a bit smoother. Playing games off of the disc especially when they're large as Fallout can heat up your box fast and cause in-game issues and system issues.

[quote user="NukaCola Man63"]

[/quote]

Go buy a lottery ticket :)

I would have to agree with Maul about the RROD issue. I play way to much and I'm on My Fourth 360 in less then 4 years. I bought the arcade in 08 to play this game. 09 I bought the MW elite to play more Fallout. The HALO Elite in 2010 to play New Vegas and never had an issue other then the heat build up. I gave them all away and finally had an issue with the HALO elite last December with Skyrim. Bought another Gears of war elite for Xmas. I think I need to send the Halo elite for a tune up, but i think for a Benjamin M$ rebuild it. There's a Childrens hopital in My area I was going to give it to. I played Both F.O 3 and N.V and can honestly tell You that New Vegas is even more glitched and bugged. When Fallout 4 is made with the creation engine I can see some issue crop up like feezing, see thru landscape and flying NPCS.