This game is just not...

as good as Gears 1 and 2.  I've tried and tried to get into it and i just can't. The new guns and other weapons just don't work imo. It changes the feel and makes the game way too easy and so much less competitive. In the first 2 games you couldn't just pick up a gun and get easy kills, that is what seperated it from everything else. Why change the final game so much? Nobody was complaining saying "hey give us new guns to make the game easier". They were complaining about lag and host advantage and they fixed that for the most part, but they went to far with trying to fix other things that werent broken out of pure greed.

I'm gonna end my little rant with that because i know its not gonna change anything and i'm sure nobody cares (especially Epic), but after all the time i put into the first 2 games, especially the 2nd i feel like i have the right to complain. I played Gears 2 from the day it came out until this 3rd game was released with only a few breaks here and there to play other games. Basically the only thing keeping me into video games was this franchise, so i'm gonna give a few other games a chance and see what happens....it's sad to say, but my gaming days are probably coming to an end. 

Good luck and have fun to all the people that actually do enjoy this game.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Sorry for the wall of text i did have spaces, but just like Epic messed up Gears Microsoft messed the up the forums.

IMO, I think that all 3 are great. I have never had any problems with any of the 3. That's just me though.

[quote user="XBL Prophet"]

IMO, I think that all 3 are great. I have never had any problems with any of the 3. That's just me though.

[/quote]

I agree, all 3 are great. Overall, 3 is my favorite.

I thought Gears 1 on insane was much more challenging.

Gears 2 was BORING all the way around for me

Gears 3 - better story, but horde is where it is with 3.  EXCELLENT.  

Oh and Beast mode is sooooo fun.

I'm gonna give this game one more chance tonight. I just can't accept that i don't like it. lol

I do not understand this massive amount of whining & complaining on these forums lately.  If anybody is looking for me, I'll be in Beast or Horde :)

For me complete opposite

couldn't get into gears 1 or 2 but when 3 came out-just loved it!!!!

and that made me go back to 1 and 2

Aldawg see you later

@ least it isn't sooo easy to tell who host is. Shame that this game has some of the same issues as the first. Not nearly as much fun as the first two, but that could just be me getting fed up with the series.

Parish, you're not alone.  I share your sentiments to the T; I did read that the stopping power has been taken away from the hammerburst and retro lancer although I've yet to go back and try it out since I'm sure I'll only be dissapointed once again.  In the mean time MW3 isn't too bad and Pinball FX2 is pretty addictive so it's not all bad on the xbox.  Also part of me thinks that once the season pass is expired epic will change things back to normal since by then all of the folks that are new to the series and just loving this new GOW game style will have moved on and all Epic will have left is us fanboys hoping/begging for the change....  Finger crossed

1, 3, 2. - 2 was fun in the first few months, but after all the TUs and butchering of the game, it just became awful to me. gears 1 i can play anyday and not get bored of it.