This game is a disgrace

Hopefully I can get most of my money back on this disgrace of a Battlefield game. DICE really could of had something here, but this game is the biggest let down for me since I first started gaming on the Sega Genesis, I hate to admit it but MW3 is looking all the more attractive after this.

-

Seriously how could they ruin nearly every aspect of their game? The return of jets was highly coveted but they're freakin useless when infantry can shoot you down with stingers non stop even when you're on the edge of the map at nearly maximum altitude. Dogfighting is made almost suicidal because the second you drop below a certain point you're shot down by a stinger every time. And the ridiculously low combat ceiling for jets is just ridiculous and makes stingers that much more OP.

-

The way the vehicles are balanced is completely **** backwards, it goes infantry>choppers>jets>tanks with tanks being the most useless by far because of how weak the main gun is. Can't count the number of times I put a 120mm shell at someones feet and they just shrugged it off because of absolutely no splash damage. 9/10 I have to hit them directly for a kill.

-

Then there's the infantry combat, 3 bullets kills you. I'm sorry but I hated HC mode in BC2 because of this, aim doesn't matter when it only takes 3 rounds to kill, that also leaves no room for turning around when a corner camper shoots you in the back.

-

It's too easy for people to blend into the environment, in BC2 I can actually distinguish people from their surroundings. In BF3 your a chameleon with a rifle. I shouldn't have to be constantly squinting at my screen trying to decide if it's a pile of rubble, bush or a player, but then again I'm usually dead before I can tell the difference.

-

Then there's the f*cking flashlight/laser BS. Everyone has them and the range on both are ridiculous. I wouldn't mind if it was 1/4 people carrying the damn things but everytime someone looks at me I'm blinded regardless of how far away I am from them, not to mention my entire team also has them so whenever a team mate looks at me I'm blinded again.  NOT FUN! DICE could of just had flashbangs in limited quantities, I mean come on, they're in the campaign! Why not just implement them into MP? Way more balanced than the freakin supernovas people have on the end of their guns. 

-

The map designs are terrible except for 3 which are Kharg Island, Caspian Border and Operation Firestorm which feel like actual "battlefields". The rest are just complete garbage with even less destruction than BC2. Wasn't there supposed to be more destruction? Because I'm sure as hell not seeing it.

I know this game is trying to be "realistic" but it's as far from a military sim as you can get. My copy will be up on Craigslist tonight, hope to have it sold tomorrow.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

trade it in then

Id rather Dice fix the party/squad system thingy myself, everything else plays fine by me.

At least you can get on multiplayer. Mine fails to load.

Wow - The OP sounds like he has been getting his @$$ handed to him. Instead of getting better at the game, he rather quit and whine. Don't let the door hit ya, where the good lord split ya.

I'm sure the MW2.5 forums will be happy to have you. But give it a a few weeks and you will be back with your tail between your legs.

It's people like you, that no matter how good the game is, you can't be pleased.

If your goal is finding errors in the game, good chances you will. The game is good and not perfect, enjoy the parts that you like and if you like nothing about the game, then trade it and let the BF community be.

This game is the best thing ever.

[quote user="FEARecon"]Then there's the f*cking flashlight/laser BS. Everyone has them and the range on both are ridiculous. I wouldn't mind if it was 1/4 people carrying the damn things but everytime someone looks at me I'm blinded regardless of how far away I am from them, not to mention my entire team also has them so whenever a team mate looks at me I'm blinded again.  NOT FUN! DICE could of just had flashbangs in limited quantities, I mean come on, they're in the campaign! Why not just implement them into MP? Way more balanced than the freakin supernovas people have on the end of their guns. [/quote]

I couldn't agree with you more on this one.  It actually hurts my eyes. And your right, why do my own team's laser/lights/supernovas blind the sh!t outa me.  The range needs to be reduced.  Don't forget to add, when you shoot the light it's a force field. I mean, if the light is blinding me, doesn't that mean I'm aiming and firing directly at them.  Instead, I get killed and they only have 11% damage to them.  Other than that, I like the challenge.

I just wish they would fix it so flash lights don't blind you in the middle of the day.

Just go to your battlelog accout on your pc and look at the forums, the pc and 360,ps3 have 1,000`s of complaint posts, i have problems but i can play, but there are people on the pc who can't even start the game!

Some have been told to rename folders, edit there registry, it all seems a bad situation, i occasionly get bf3.exe not working and i'm up to date with all drivers.