This game hates me

I LOVE Battlefield, many hundreds of hours spent playing the games since Battlefield 2 on the PC, but it just feels like BF3 hates me with a blind passion.

I feel like I'm trying too hard to love the game, i tell myself it will get better its great while i'm unable to connect to a game for 10 minutes & i continue telling myself its going to get better when i'm match made with a bunch of level 20's on a map they've clearly played too much & i still try to tell myself its getting better even when i run for 5 minutes into the objective just to be gunned down by a prone camper behind a dustbin

BF3clearly has its issues but it needs to try to make the game a bit more accessible, if this was any other MP game i would have walked away by now, i'm not a bad player I'm rather good my skill level on BC2 was always fluctuating around the 195 region but on BF3 i seem to just be gunned down constantly by high levels that know the maps all to well

They obviously need to sort out servers & i wouldn't mind a better matchmaking so I'm not on my 5th game playing against Mr fantastic who's on his 500th game. Also i really would love to be able to play with my friends

The addition of prone also seems a bit baffling tome, In BC2 it wasn't there to prevent camping on such large maps which made perfect sense, so why add it on maps just as large but with even more things to hide behind ?

Anyone else loving the game but really feeling let down by the state of the game ?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I feel your pain....I've played Battlefield since I bought BF2 on the PC many years ago. I keep playing this in the hope that I will enjoy it but I experience the same crap as you and after two days I've had enough. Most of my old BC2 mates have had enough too. One guy has rage quit two nights in a row....unlike him....I'm trading this in against MW3.....shame...

Awww....cry some more.

I for one love this game, it's clean, fast and very fun.  I don't know why butthurt *** like you are complaining so much about it.

Dual Skorpianz - Save your breath...You'll need it to blow up your date.

ClericBard - thanks for your opinion but you had to ruin it by name calling. Why? I like your picture that you have in your signature btw!

A forum is for people to chat about topics. NOT to slag each other off.

Back on point: I'm actually quite getting into it now. I played a couple of excellent games last night with some good teams. However, it's not Battlefield as we know it can be e.g. destructible environments and larger maps and that's the big thing that I'm struggling to get to grips with. Metro is terrible!

[quote user="Snotty Chunks"]

[/quote]

I knew there had to be a reason for logging onto the xbox forums today and this is it. Nice burn on an instigator. :-)

Totally agree with the OP. I try to like it but it just doesnt have the Battlefield gameplay anymore.

As Ive said in earlier posts maybe it will change when COD is released.

OK - now I am going to eat humble pie. After everything I have said on here I am absolutely LOVING this game online now! Not sure whether it's just because I have stuck with it or whether I have decided that it's NOT BFBC2....but I'm playing it for what it is - a game in its own right. I seem to be having no trouble now in getting into games, hit detections seems way better and my K:D ratio has improved. The SP has improved too - the plane level is incredible!

DirtyHarry - I've been told I'm a DILF too - pmsl!!!

good to hear you stuck with it and actually enjoying it now.

too many people will just give up because they cant get 50+ kills with a helicopter right off the bat.

[quote user="DTW Dirty Harry"]

[quote user="Snotty Chunks"]

[/quote]

I knew there had to be a reason for logging onto the xbox forums today and this is it. Nice burn on an instigator. :-)

[/quote] It'd be funny..you know, if he actually had been using his breath to post? 

[quote user="k0rruptiD"]

good to hear you stuck with it and actually enjoying it now.

too many people will just give up because they cant get 50+ kills with a helicopter right off the bat.

[/quote]

Too true, I'm lucky if I can get 1 kill with the chopper 20hrs in :)

I believe this game will evolve into a different beast when MW3 comes out, not that I'm slating MW3 but the players from that series play in a different way to the BF series.

I know a few friends have been turned off this BF after having been a fan of the series but for me it's still fun. Providing you don't go into every game raging about not getting kills or being killed constantly then there is still good times to be had. I always find starting out extremely difficult in BF until you learn the maps and also the game mechanics of what is a good counter to a situation whether it be using a different weapon, vehicle or even route.