this game has no soul (MP)

So I've been trying to put my finger on why I can't get into this game, I played MW2 for 2 years until this came out and loved every second (i know it's hacked to death bla bla bla) and for all intents and purposes I should love this one too. It's the same engine, slighty improved graphics, and things like OMA and Commando have been taken out. So what's the problem? it has no SOUL! The campaign felt like every single second had been meticulously thought out, you can feel the passion put into it and there wasn't a moment where it felt stale or repetetive, nor a moment where I knew what was coming. But where as the campaign is all Killer, MP is all filler for me. It's like so much time and effort was put into the campaign, they suddenly realised "crap - the deadline is coming and we don't have a MP, call in Treyarch!". They put a bunch of corridors in random positions, painted them with the pallets and skins from MW + MW2 and called them maps. I gather that's probably not how development of these games works and they probably have multiple teams working similtaneously on each aspect of the game - but that's how it feels. So I ask you, where was the love when making MW3's MP?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The soul comes from you silly.

[quote user="gameshoes3003"]

[quote user="Death Vader"]

I agree with DJQ45, it is pretty mindless, like a riding a bike

[/quote]As a fan of the Le Tour de France, I really want to backhand you right now.

[/quote]

Sorry I meant no offense, just trying to use an analogy about CoD games. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy riding bikes and playing this game.

It does feel like I am playing a Treyarch made cod game.  The multiplayer maps are cluttered up with junk, plenty of places for people to camp and shoot you in the back.  Whoever designed the maps must hate run and gunners with a passion, if you run anywhere you die.  Plus the spawn points are the worse I have ever experienced, you spawn directly in front of people and when you kill someone, they spawn 10 feet from you.  I used to like prestige but know I have done it so many times I can't stand it anymore.  

[quote user="Death Vader"]

I agree with DJQ45, it is pretty mindless, like a riding a bike

[/quote]As a fan of the Le Tour de France, I really want to backhand you right now.

Dont worry, ............ there are plenty of good camping spots .... people just havent learned the maps yet.

When they do, the game will get better. As much as people say they hate campers, they are needed fot some variety and unpredictabilty. Everyone running doesnt make a fun game .. at least not for more than a handful of matches in a row.

As far as graphics ..... I like them.

MW2 was too cartoonish.

I like the dreariness of treyarchs games but find it a bit difficult sometimes to pick out the enemy.

I think MW3 is somewhere between the 2 and thats ok by me.

Agreed something missing from this game.Would love to like it but at this point I just can't Ill keep on trying the MP to see if maybe something sticks.

I like it--it's really addictive in my opinion with the leveling and stuff like that. I think that BF3 is the better WAR sim--and BF3 has more depth--but again, MW3 is just really nice. It's not a whole lot different from the other Call of Duty games--but it's fun as heck. You just cant mess 'em up.

dude, are we playing the same game?  The graphics are far inferior when compared to MW2.  So is the through headphone sound quality.  Unless I missed a vital option to tweak the textures and improve the sound fidelity, I say this game is a step backwards.  Everyone can hate IW all they want, myself included, but you cannot say that they didnt know how to make a game look decent and sound great.  Guess that is expected as Sledgehammer developed the MP aspect.  Im disappointed  in the finished product.  

I know graphics dont make a game great, but an example would be to look at the ground on some of the MP maps.  It looks like an Unreal engine game when the textures havent popped in yet. MW2 wasnt a graphical masterpiece by any means, but the dynamic lighting and character models looked much better than the almost amateur looking MW3 textures.  

It has been the same engine since CoD4. I agree with DJQ45, it is pretty mindless, like a riding a bike. Once you have learned how to do it you never forget and it easy. I felt what ever 'soul' or 'character' the CoD series had died 3/4 of the way through Black Ops(MW2 never had it also). But I still enjoy the occasional "mindless" fun that is CoD.

MP is just mindless  press RT,aim, kill, repeat..gets repetitive at times and boring

having finished the single player i must say that they did a great job on it and i plan on playing it again on vet.

in fact, im more interested in playing spec ops and single player more than MP.

i second what snotty chunks said..the real action is on BF3 and Gears3 imo