This game got repetitive really fast.

I had sky high expectations for this game: The story wound up delivering, but GTA: Online hasn't been what I expected at all. Rockstar made it sound like it would be absolutely legendary, but it's far from it. Disregarding the whole GTA: Online launch disaster, the missions are incredibly tedious. I'm at level 25, and there's been very little variety in the missions I've done:

"Steal the coke."

"Steal the weed."

"Steal the meth."

...Ohp! A new one!

"Steal the tanker."

Those aren't the only issues, of course. First, this game has a dead sort of feel to it online. That is, you'll be driving around the city, and see very few cars on the road. It doesn't happen ALL the time (less often than GTA IV), but it still happens too often. Second, after completing a mission, I find it incredibly stupid that you have to go back to free mode, and then pick another mission you want to do. Sure, there's a selection of six post-mission/race/whatever, but you can't do an actual MISSION. Third, GTA is ridiculous with their whole GTA Bucks thing. The launch was a joke, and we were promised money that we still haven't gotten yet. While waiting, I decided to replay some already redundant missions just to make some money. Sure enough, Rockstar made it so you only earn half the $ after you play a particular mission more than once.

There are more little issues I could whine about, but these are the main ones.

What would you guys rate your interest/activity level in GTA: Online right now as opposed to before it was released? Mine was at a 10, and it's now at about a 4... a pretty drastic difference, and not one I was expecting -- especially only two months and two weeks after its release.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You forgot "steal the plane" :D

>

I'm level 26. I've been taking my time online slowly, I don't see how people are level 130+. It just seems like too much of an "unenjoyable" grind right now. But I am sure it will get better. I still have only payed like 12 out of 70 something Deathmatch areas. At least it is better that GTA 4 in the last 3 years where you just fight for choppers in freemode.

Play with a friend. It becomes far more entertaining with a buddy to mess around online with. Lately, my friend and I have been putting tiny bounties on each other and riding the train around the area. People are drawn to the red dots, regardless of how much it is, so it's pretty fun to just ride the train and play keep away with them.

It's all about that theft. I should graduate as a master thief when it's all said and done.

Even with a active crew, game still gets boring fast.  I'm level 70 and played all or most of the missions like twice already.  I think if Rockstar gave us heists first day and no online problems and create a race or TDM we be singing a different tune but not so much as of yet.  Bad enough Beach Bum wont keep us happy for long even with it being free.  We need that Creator tool for races and TDM to spark up new things.  Heists as well.

It's not as bad if you're playing with people that just like to goof off.

what do you expect every video game is repetitive.

I havent even played the game in days, prior to the launch of online i thought id be glued to this game.  

And your multi-million dollar, AAA-rating game with above average graphics and gameplay is where? Make sure you didn't take out any of the awesome content to sacrifice for those awesome graphics. And don't forget to favor too much to the graphical side otherwise you'll need to make further sacrifices to the content. Oh and by the way, how's the network holding up? Got enough servers? Bandwidth acceptable?

Hey ordealbyfire, how is Rock Band not repetitive? Red button, blue button, red button, yellow button, New song! Red button............seriously dude your thread/rant is a joke

Rock Band: Guitar, bass, vocals, drums, keyboards.

GTA V: Steal meth, steal weed, steal truck, steal coke, steal car.

And before you talk about my thread being a joke, you should know Family Guy is a joke. An unfunny joke. An awful show that unintelligent people watch, thinking it has original content, when in reality it copies jokes made popular elsewhere and throws it up back at ignoramuses like yourself who have no prior knowledge of it, resulting in "OMG BEST SHOW EVER." comments.

/thread