This game cannot be transfered between profiles...................

I am using the xbox 8gb memory sticks to free up some space on my hard drive but when i try to copy the tony hawk HD to it i get the message " This game cannot be transfered between profiles " Is there a work around on this ? I only have one profile.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 271 Applies to:

Hey Joe H Scott,

It's kind of weird that you would have that message pop up if you only have one profile. I do want to ask one question though. Are you currently signed in to the profile in question? If yes, that may be affecting your ability to transfer.

If you are signed into any account, sign the account off, and then try it again. Let me know how it goes!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

My son has a silver account on my xbox, but it is not signed in. I am on my profile transferring the games to the memory sticks. All of the games transfer except that one, its the only one that give me the message.

Also, all games were downloaded on my profile which is a gold account. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Oh, I see what is going on here.

By you mentioning "I only have one profile", it implied that you only have one account on the Xbox.

Now, it appears that you have a Gold account (You) and a Silver account (Your Son).

I have been looking around in the Dashboard looking for a way to reproduce this error. After looking around, I believe this is what you are doing.

1) You have profiles "A" and "B"

2) You are signed into "A" (Your gold account)

3) You try to move a Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD game save which has an owner of "B" (Your son's account)

4) You receive the "This item cannot be transferred between profiles." error.

It appears that you actually need to sign in to the Gamertag that owns the game save. These should be the proper steps.

1) You have profiles "A" and "B"

2) You are signed into "B" (Which happens to be your son's account, and has the THPSHD game save)

3) Try to move THPSHD game save (Again, the owner for the save is "B", which should allow you to move it.)

4) You should be all set from there!

Go ahead and give those steps a try. If you are confused or these steps did not help, feel free to reply back to this thread and I'll go ahead and investigate further and/or clarify for you!

Sorry this didn't help.

i followed you steps but i still got the cant transfer between profiles thing.i dont know whzat to do

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey deathkill3000bl!

Since this is a 3 year old thread, please post a new thread detailing the exact issue you are experiencing. That way the community here can provide support tailored to you! :)

Sorry this didn't help.