This Forum is Boring

I absolutely love Minecraft, but every time I come to these forums looking for advice or innovation, I only ever see 1 of 2 things:

1) Come play with me! / Looking for players.

or

2) Hunger Games / Survival World / Creative World.

Thanks for not being informative or innovative. Show some initiative, people!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hey mate, I agree come here looking for advice and that's all I see too.  maybe you can advise me in staying in the nether without dying, I've got good armor, level 30 diamond sword and just got annihilated so quickly left?!

Also on survival what do I need from the nether?

The Nether provides:

netherrack

netherbrick

netherwart

glowstone

soul-sand

nether-fences

treasure

new mobs w/ingredients

nether-fortress

future update = quartz

-

As for surviving, I'd recommend getting a full set of diamond armor & lots of food before venturing into the Nether.

Umm if you want interesting try minecraftforum .net. Waaaaaaay more content to be had. It's the official MC site.

Bit more advice, my portal ends up in the nether fortress, I've wandered around it, is there anything in there that I should be looking for? And what mob ingredients should I look for?

heh most survival maps I have made the portal comes out underground when entering the nether. which makes getting out rather annoying.

Instead of making a thread saying the forum boring and the threads are repetitive, why not make some better threads...

To be fair, any thread that doesn't include the 2 things he is complaining about is a better read.  There's a sticky thread right smack-dab on the front page for finding friends.... why people can't figure out how to use it is beyond me?  Also, Hunger Games -- The movie and the gametype suck anyways.  You would think something as open and pushing of your creativity would lend itself to more innovative things, but people recycle the same crap over & over.

[quote user="Mister Eee UFK"]

Instead of making a thread saying the forum boring and the threads are repetitive, why not make some better threads...

[/quote]

Because better threads will most likely get pushed to the 10th page by people starting threads whenever they want someone to play with, which is one of the reasons I haven't posted anything on here in a long time. Wish the mods would do something about these threads like making sub-threads for certain topics.

[quote user="Galactic Geek"]

As for surviving, I'd recommend getting a full set of diamond armor & lots of food before venturing into the Nether.

[/quote]
That seems like overkill to me. You can easily run around there with no armor, and iron sword and some food. I suppose if you're going in to fight the armor might be good but even then you're taking a needless risk. Accidents can and do happen, falling in the nether can mean all that pretty armor burned in lava.