This Battlefield 4 'update'.

Okay, so prior to this update we got the other night, my disc copy of Battlefield 4 was working fine. I hadn't experienced any of the issues regarding the campaign not saving/erasing itself and multiplayer couldn't have been anymore stable. However, since the update, my campaign has deleted, and upon starting again, and finishing the first mission, I'm finding it doesn't save. Selecting campaign just prompts me to choose a difficulty and start over again every time I start up the game.

Plus, on multiplayer, when a game finishes, it has started to frequently freeze during the transition of matches. It just shows a black screen, with the little flashing underscore thingy in the top right corner, and the ambient sound effects from the previous map playing. All the dashboard functions still work as normal, such as pressing the home button and navigating.

On top of this, on one occasion, I tried starting the game from the homescreen, and it quickly booted me back home, just to ask me if I actually own the software, despite the disc actually showing in the disc tray icon, and it kept on saying so even after resetting the console. Ejecting the disc and re-inserting it whilst the Xbox was on, automatically started the game though. Again, this never happened before the update.

This is really starting to p*ss me off, because everything was running smoothly before, and now, my game is doing the complete opposite of what this so-called update has promised to do. Does anyone have any input  or similar experiences to this? Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hello. I would suggest you delete the game + add-ons (If owning any for bf4) from your Xbox one. After that reinstall the game and download the add-ons. A clean re-install will maybe solve your problem with bf4.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

As this is a game issue, and not a console problem, i suggest visiting their forum:

battlelog.battlefield.com/.../forum

sadly, the game is still very broken :(

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.