This action cannot be performed at this time. Please try again later. For more information, go to http://www.xbox.com/support.

I am trying to purchase a Gold family pack online and i keep getting the error message:

This action cannot be performed at this time. Please try again later. For more information, go to http://www.xbox.com/support.

I have tried several different and working payment methods

The link offers no solutions to this problem can anyone help?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 174 Applies to:

Hey there Akone! Can you confirm if you are purchasing this on the console or the website. If on the console, do you get an error code with that?

First thing to try would be to visit https://billing.microsoft.com and make sure your information is all up to date and correct. Then, make sure the information on your payment method matches that of your account (name, address, region, etc). Once that is done, try your purchase again.

Also, can you confirm that this is the only thing you are having trouble purchasing. Can you purchase games, points, or other items? Let me know, thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Exactly the same problem for me.

Contacted phone support twice and no solution. Contacted bank just to be on the safe side - no problem with the card.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey, I've had the same problem a couple of times when i used my dad's credit card.

Usually it has something to do with the card, because it worked for me at the end of the month

after he got his statement. Hope that helps.

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings, AnyPear9047. If you're having billing trouble I would first recommend making sure everything is configured correctly with your payment method on https://billing.microsoft.com according to this sticky: forums.xbox.com/.../153161.aspx.

If you still need help I would recommend following up with phone support again. They should be able to offer further assistance in this matter. Thank you! :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Same here. I cannot purchase online or from game console. My billing info says "good" for paypal as well as CC

Sorry this didn't help.

Update - Called support. They were great and we tried everything.  Card re-add, brand new account.  Nothing worked.  I'm headed to Game Stop and I will purchase the gift card and will try to work a deal with them that I will only pay if it works..  I'll try to redeem it in-store using my iPhone. Wish me luck

Sorry this didn't help.

SOLVED!!

The XBOX support center in Florida solved the problem for me.  

They cannot directly upgrade you to family gold so they will first upgrade you to Gold status with a 1-month subscription. From there, they can then purchase a redemption code for the family gold pack using your credit card that you know is in good standing.  The redemption code will come to you from them via email.  You then go in and purchase the family gold pack using the redemption code they sent you.  

The only other wrinkle was that I was not able to add my other family members on the XBOX.   I needed to use the website live.xbox.com/.../FamilyCenter  to do this.

If you get the Florida XBOX support center they will know how to do this (Laura or Nichole the supervisor)  I hope this helps everyone who is having this issue.    

Sorry this didn't help.