Third Batman Arkham Confirmed for 2013. Rocksteady not developing

Link

This pretty much also confirms that Rocksteady is already working on the Silver Age prequel for the Dark Knight.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

No joker/Mark Hamil and no rocksteady makes me wary about this project.

Since it has a new developer I will actually pay attention to this game.

Interesting, definitley a fan of the series so hoping it doesn't turn out bad.

No Rocksteady=not interested.

I'll be keeping an eye on it for sure

[quote]

Separately, VG247 sources claim this new project is not in development at series creator Rocksteady Studios. That development house is rumored to be working on a stylized prequel that will detail the Dark Knight's first encounter with the Joker. It is not expected until 2014 at the earliest.

[/quote]

-

Wonder if they'll use "The Man Who Laughs" and "The Killing Joke" as inspiration.

[quote user="Bluntman1138"]

No joker/Mark Hamil and no rocksteady makes me wary about this project.

[/quote]

Yea, I don't generally like passing judgement before actually seeing gameplay footage, but I am wary as well. I am sure this will make an appearance in a few months at E3 so I guess only time will tell. 

Why is Arkham mentioned?  I thought that story is done.

awesome, i'm definitely getting it.

someone in that Gamespot thread said it might be developed by Spark Unlimited, creators of such gems as Turning Point and Legendary (2 of the worst games I've played in this generation). It's possible Rocksteady would hand over all the assets and Unreal Engine 3 mods they've done to Spark, which would at least mean it might not look like a visual disaster....but still, this is a developer with a track record of review scores which circle the drain. If its Spark, I won't be pre-ordering...