Thinking of turning to the dark side and buying PS3, can you stop me??

Howdy folks,

I've been outta the game for nearly a year now and have forgotten the soft silky touch of a controller in my hand so it's damn well time I spoil myself and get a new baby to cradle at night but I'm struggling to decide whether to buy another 360 or let myself fal prey to the dark side and buy a PS3.

I just feel that if I buy an xbox all I'm gonna be doing is replaying old ground cuz the only game i've seen that is really making me drool would be the new Bioshock, other than that I'm really not sure what I'm sticking around for. I love the console and the community dont get me wrong but I own the console for the games and I just feel I'm being drawn towards buying a Playstation for the freshness.

Can you change my mind??

Peace.

RivalFish

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="CAMAROBOY69"]

[quote user="ChainSmokingBob"]

"If you do get one make sure to check out Killzone 3".

I hated Killzone 1.... it was OK in its own way, but it really wasn't anything special. I also dislike Resistance. I have Killzone 2, would you honestly recommend that?

[/quote]

Bob, I also did not enjoy Killzone 1 at all.   I also did not like Resistance.   My wife bought me Killzone 2 and it was ok. Played through it once and just didnt care for it then traded it in.  Killzone 3 is incredible. Just a MASSIVE leap forward over KZ1 and KZ2. I dont know if it was a different developer, designer, or what but I highly highly recommend KZ3 as a purchase.   I rented it and played through the single player on my account all the way to the end, then played through again as a co-op with my wife on her account, THEN played through again on my account as a co-op.  All 3 times all the way through the campaign.  Phenomenal experience from beginning to end.  Just epic.  Thats why KZ3 was the only KZ I suggested in my post above. You wont be disappointed. 

[/quote]I played the hell out of Killzone 1, I really enjoyed that game. I guess if you played it after CoD and all the other shooters it may not have seemed as fresh. But I played it before those and I loved it.

[quote user="Wondering Chimp"]

Isn't Bioshock 3 being released on the ps3 aswell?  Problem solved....

[/quote]Bioshock 3 hasn't even been announced yet.

[quote user="ChainSmokingBob"]

I hated Killzone 1.... it was OK in its own way, but it really wasn't anything special. I also dislike Resistance. I have Killzone 2, would you honestly recommend that?

[/quote]

Bob, I also did not enjoy Killzone 1 at all.   I also did not like Resistance.   My wife bought me Killzone 2 and it was ok. Played through it once and just didnt care for it then traded it in.  Killzone 3 is incredible. Just a MASSIVE leap forward over KZ1 and KZ2. I dont know if it was a different developer, designer, or what but I highly highly recommend KZ3 as a purchase.   I rented it and played through the single player on my account all the way to the end, then played through again as a co-op with my wife on her account, THEN played through again on my account as a co-op.  All 3 times all the way through the campaign.  Phenomenal experience from beginning to end.  Just epic.  Thats why KZ3 was the only KZ I suggested in my post above. You wont be disappointed. 

I can't wait for my PS3 to arrive.. I'm gonna' grab a copy of Killzone 3 ASAP. If you get a PS3, let me know. I doubt any of the people I added back when I had my first PS3 kept me as a friend.

I just came from ps3 and switched to xbox. Don't get me wrong I loved my ps3 but it was hard to chat with people because you had to go out of the game mostly to chat. I like how on the xbox you have all the chat services cross platform. Yea the ps3 is a wonderful system. I just had a hard time with some of the limited things it could not do that xbox did do.

Also if your looking to get a truly gaming friendly system go with xbox. I believe more people use xbox then ps3. A plus for the ps3 that the xbox does not do is a Bluray player. I love the kinect. It's so much fun to use. IT's up to you on what you go get. Just a note that the ps3 is a limited on what it can do.

One BIG thing that the xbox needs to do is get a more hardcore gaming interface. It looks a little kiddy/family orinted. The ps3 LOOKS more hardcore friendly but does not own up to that status.  IF you like/want that then go with ps3 but for more games that are xbox only go xbox.

I also have a PS3.   If you do get one make sure to check out Killzone 3, Uncharted 1,2, & 3,  and Little Big Planet 1 for sure.  All excellent exclusives to the PS3.  Since most of my time is with online gaming, I prefer xboxlive and the 360.  But if you dont have any friends then the PS3 might be perfect for you.   The best part about the 360 is live and if you are not using that, then get the PS3 for sure.  I also use the blu-ray player once in a while too. 

[quote user="RivalFish"]

Howdy folks,

I've been outta the game for nearly a year now and have forgotten the soft silky touch of a controller in my hand so it's damn well time I spoil myself and get a new baby to cradle at night but I'm struggling to decide whether to buy another 360 or let myself fal prey to the dark side and buy a PS3.

I just feel that if I buy an xbox all I'm gonna be doing is replaying old ground cuz the only game i've seen that is really making me drool would be the new Bioshock, other than that I'm really not sure what I'm sticking around for. I love the console and the community dont get me wrong but I own the console for the games and I just feel I'm being drawn towards buying a Playstation for the freshness.

Can you change my mind??

Peace.

RivalFish

[/quote]

Why would I want to change your mind? There's absolutely nothing wrong with expanding your horizons. I own all three current consoles & wouldn't have it any other way. I just don't get the thinking that if someone games on a 360, they can't game on a PS3 as well. To me, that's just a closed-mined, fanboy mentality.Get a PS3, but don't leave the 360 behind either. After that, get a Wii too.

I would just wait at this point. All signs point to new consoles coming next winter so If you already have a 360 I'd hang on to it an save that $300. However if you must think about this...are you a PlayStation person? Just because its new and different doesn't exactly mean it will appeal to you. I'd look into some games and  try to play someone else's  PS3 just to be sure.

Op: is someone else using your live account to get all of those game achievements? Just curious.  Anyway, I was looking for a Blu-ray player and thought I would kill 2 birds at once and buy the ps3, because I really wanted to play Uncharted 2, which is a great story and well put together game.  The only thing the ps has over the xbox is the Blu-ray player.